The recon mission for Tango 165

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, Mazda has an ad with a kid launching a rocket that, presumably, gets some serious hang time. Prompting the kid and adult to hop in their Mazda and do a recon mission for Tango 165.

[video]https://www.ispot.tv/ad/74ry/mazda-summer-drive-event-summer-driving[/video]

I think that the ad uses two different rockets. One we see launching:

The other while it's drifting off:

I'm curious about the 2nd one. It clearly has a rear ejection for the parachute, or some other atypical kind of recovery that keeps the body (and nosecone) in place.

Does anybody recognize this rocket?

I've seen the commercial, too.

The first thing I thought was that the prop guy for the commercial didn't know what they were doing and finally said, "Hey, let's just put the parachute here and be done with it."

Greg

Guess so... I missed this thread.

Dang, nobody was able to ID the rocket in the recovery stage. I'd have liked to see what it was (and perhaps build one of my own). I've only got a small sample of rear ejection rockets. The Sizzler (2127), The Gemini DC, and (maybe somewhere up in the attic) a pair of old Estes foam Space Shuttles.

Back