BattlePark is back! Friday the 13th, and 14th & 15th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out to be a nice flying day! I was able to watch Jeff's L3 flight - great job!!! My son and I made about 6 launches before we had to run back to Richmond. See you next month!

We had probably the best weather I can remember for a launch. it was 60 degrees, not a single cloud in the sky and light winds.

I had to over come some transport damage and got in one flight, a LOC Big Nuke with a CTI K-820 . Unfortunately I seem to have exceeded the "speed of cardboard" and had a pretty impressive shred, right before motor burnout, maybe 2000' up. I got most of it back, but it is scrap.

Thanks to all who attended, I hope you had fun

It was very nice today. Thanks to Ben and Jeff and the Culpepper team for a good launch.
Hoping for good weather for the next one..
I stocked up on motors today!

Last edited:
Sunday was a fantastic day. One of the best in years.

I only flew two, but they were my L3 project (Big Bird) on my research M1700 at about 5500Ns and then the 29th flight of Grapeshot. I use a J415W. I had bought the case at the TARC finals 4 or 5 years ago and had the reload waiting almost that long. Just never got around to flying it until Sunday. It landed about 100 ft away from where the Big Bird landed. I'm starting to understand how the Black Rock crowd does it. I was able to drive right up to both rockets. It almost doesn't seem right not walking out to recover and carrying the rocket back.

I was very nice today. Thanks to Ben and Jeff and the Culpepper team for a good launch.
Hoping for good weather for the next one..
I stocked up on motors today!

It is about time we have some good weather for BattlePark launches. It seemed like it rained every Thursday or Friday last year and left the field in mud.

Guess you helped make Ken's trip. He was at BattlePark all three days and there wasn't much doing on Friday.
Kevin Dunn was there on Saturday also. He was clearing out of his Aerotech 38/720 and 38/1080 reloads. He got rid of all of his 54mm reloads last year. I ended up with a J350W and J420R.
I think Ken did pretty well on Sunday. That was the best attended of the three days. I think the wind forecast for Saturday kept a lot of people away, but Saturday didn't seem any more windy then Sunday was.

Anyway, see ya all in January at the BattlePark!

It is about time we have some good weather for BattlePark launches. It seemed like it rained every Thursday or Friday last year and left the field in mud.

Guess you helped make Ken's trip. He was at BattlePark all three days and there wasn't much doing on Friday.
Kevin Dunn was there on Saturday also. He was clearing out of his Aerotech 38/720 and 38/1080 reloads. He got rid of all of his 54mm reloads last year. I ended up with a J350W and J420R.
I think Ken did pretty well on Sunday. That was the best attended of the three days. I think the wind forecast for Saturday kept a lot of people away, but Saturday didn't seem any more windy then Sunday was. Anyway, see ya all in January at the BattlePark!

Known Ken since way back in '92 ...back when Culpepper was one of the original (and few) High Power sites....Argonia, Lucerne ...........and some place out in Nevada (LOL).
I think I have enough motors for that Aerotech RC Phoenix to fly for the next 3 years.....just need some decent igniters now.:wink:

So we have a December launch in the works ?
A-OK.

Known Ken since way back in '92 ...back when Culpepper was one of the original (and few) High Power sites....Argonia, Lucerne ...........and some place out in Nevada (LOL).
I think I have enough motors for that Aerotech RC Phoenix to fly for the next 3 years.....just need some decent igniters now.:wink:

So we have a December launch in the works ?
A-OK.

The December launch is here

Back