BattlePark is back! Friday the 13th, and 14th & 15th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The 2015/2016 launch schedule is out!

Check the schedule page here!

We will be hosting a three day launch starting on Friday the 13th of November. Keep on eye on the website for launch status. Weather and field conditions can always be an issue.

Last edited:
A bit late to pencil in the Oct 3 day launch but I see a road trip in March.

Last edited:
Awesome I should be able to make some of these the only 2 that are on my weekends I have to work are Feb and March.

I'm hoping to make it out more frequently than in past years. It's a nice place!

I haven't made arrangements yet, but I'm working on an EX hybrid M that I hope to static test at BP. I also plan some non-hybrid static tests of various things when I get around to them. Perhaps I might even fly something on occasion.

Hopefully the weather cooperates this year.

Gerald

Great, much closer to home than MDRA since I moved to Fredericksburg this year. I plan to attend some launches.

Hopefully the weather cooperates this year.

Gerald

You and everyone else. We've had some bad luck with weather the last couple years.

BTW, the summer/fall project is the refurb of the trailer launcher and automatng the up/down on it. The first work day is this Saturday, Sept. 5th. Anyone that wants to fight rust is more than welcome! We'll be back at the sea container.

HOLY CRAP, a launch that agrees with my work schedule, I may have to make it out there at the end of October.

Hours of operation - Around 10:00 to sunset.

Ben

Well if Mitch gets back to me, I may be coming out in October to do my Level 3 Cert. Northern Colorado has seen about .08in rain in the last 2 months so its too dry to fly anything. And no other launches line up with my work schedule. We will see.

Chilli, Kitto and Alan will be ready. I've got some K motors I didnt get to launch earlier in the year. :)

We're working on the trailer launcher. Got it tore down to parade rest, the rust brushed down, and converter on it. Now we need the paint and winch installed for raising and lowering it. Should be done for the first launch.

We also need to get some mix dates set up. I need another M motor for the fall! :cyclops:

Anyone know what vendors (if any) are going to be at the first launch. I tried ordering some motors from Kevin's web site but it appears to be down if you try to put anything in the car. Also Ken appears to be working on a new web site.

I did contact Ken and he told me he will be there for the first launch. The web site is a work in progress. You've got to navigate through 47 pages to find the motor you want. Guess I'll bring cash :)

I talked to Robert and Gloria from AMW at MDRA today and they said they will be at BattlePark

Anyone know what vendors (if any) are going to be at the first launch. I tried ordering some motors from Kevin's web site but it appears to be down if you try to put anything in the car. Also Ken appears to be working on a new web site.
Anyone heard from Kevin Dunn? I tried sending him an email, but I haven't see a response yet.

Cheers!

Gene

Any heard from Mitch Guess? I have been emailing as well and haven't got anything. He is my L3CC for the coming launch.

If someone has his info could you pm me? I have his email already.

Thanks,

Kyle

Probably gonna go for my LVL 1 here unless my club gets it's field back! Looking forward to making some smoke in the sky.

Probably gonna go for my LVL 1 here unless my club gets it's field back! Looking forward to making some smoke in the sky.

What rocket/motor combination are you planning? Good luck with your attempt!

Gene

What rocket/motor combination are you planning? Good luck with your attempt!

Gene

Thanks. Really looking forward to it. Is it normal to have Level attempt jitters even thinking about loading up the car? LOL.

I have several choices of rocket. For 29mm motors I have a kitbash HPR update Estes Optima (DD), an NCR SA-14, a Leviathan, and an Argent. For 38mm I am just finishing up a MadCow Super DX3 (DD).

The only thing I'll really need is a vendor for the day to supply cert motors! :D Who normally attends BP and do you normally arrange before hand?

Performance Hobbies - Ken and AMW Gloria and Robert are planing on attending the launch.

Ben

Thanks. Really looking forward to it. Is it normal to have Level attempt jitters even thinking about loading up the car? LOL.

I have several choices of rocket. For 29mm motors I have a kitbash HPR update Estes Optima (DD), an NCR SA-14, a Leviathan, and an Argent. For 38mm I am just finishing up a MadCow Super DX3 (DD).

The only thing I'll really need is a vendor for the day to supply cert motors! :D Who normally attends BP and do you normally arrange before hand?

The Leviathan is a nice rocket. My son has flown his twice at BP on G80SK (1277ft) and G83BS (no data) motors. Both were great flights. It would fly nicely on a CTI H163 or AT H128W for a Level 1 attempt.

Ben's already answered the vendor question - I do know you can normally buy from Ken at the field or make arrangements prior. I would assume Robert and Gloria are similar.

See you at the field!

Gene

Any heard from Mitch Guess? I have been emailing as well and haven't got anything. He is my L3CC for the coming launch.

If someone has his info could you pm me? I have his email already.

Thanks,

Kyle

He's been traveling a bit, including a recent trip to Black Rock. I'd suggest trying his email again. I think he's in town now, though I'm not certain.

Gerald

I believe Mitch has gotten in contact with Kyle.

Ben

Back