Any south florida competitions? This year (2015-2016)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astroadrian99

Reaction score
Hey, I'm in highschool and just started a rocketry club and was wondering if anybody can help me find a local rocket competition. Any kind will do, just need some kind of goal to achieve this year so that the school can allow it to continue past this semester. It doesn't have to be this semester, just this school year, but we have to have applied or planning to apply to it this semester. I live in Miami, so would preferably want a completion nearby (1-3 hours away), but if there aren't, I'll take any that are in Florida.

Thanks for the help,
-Adrian

Hey Adrian,

Our club meets in West Palm Beach on the last Saturday of the month. We don't really do competitions Per Se. but occasionally we have a friendly one off. I know there is a regular launch in Tampa, and there is a monthly launch with NEFAR in Bunnell which is not too far from Orlando. If you are looking to fly anything level one and under West Palm is the way to go. NEFAR has a much higher waiver and will do L2 and L3.

If you want any further details pm me.

The NAR sponsors contests. The website features lists of contests. Since the contest year is just beginning, it is not populated with many entries yet. There is also a club finder that you can use to contact local clubs to ask about contests.

NAR

You should also look into the Team America Rocketry Challenge. The competition occurs all around the country. It is geared towards high school teams and has some serious rewards.

TARC

Don

Hey Adrian!
We have a club down here in Miami Dade, Homestead Public Rocketry Club

Back