Scored on some engines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballistic_trep

Reaction score
Yesterday I dropped into a "closing out" sale and found these at $3.00 a pack....they had been regular $12.95. I bought what they had left, 5 pks of B6-2 and 5 pks of B6-6.

DSC02798.jpg

I'll probably fly them in my Alpha and Bullpup. My kids have a couple of small E2X rockets as well. Planning on flying next weekend...just before school starts.

I bought a bunch of A and B motors a couple years ago when one of our Walmarts had all Estes stuff in their Closeout section. They also gave me the store's display box (from Estes) for motors. The two other stores had nothing, and I'm not sure if they had similar closeouts earlier. Walmarts here still have no Estes products for sale. I guess it is a local decision? I've heard others comment about buying Estes products at their Walmart.

I don't recall exactly what I paid, but it was definitely a big discount. I just started flying rockets with my granddaughters, so all those As and Bs will be put to good use!

My buddy told me that there was a large number of igniters and wadding at 75% off, as well as Testors paint and a few Tamiya model tank kits. Might go for a drive today and see what I can pick up myself.

Several years ago a hobby/toy store around here was going out of the "hobby" business, and was cleaning out a carton of old dusty Estes diamond pack motor packs from deep in his storeroom, and I offered the dude a buck each for about 80 packs, so I picked up about 240 motors for about 33 cents each. Mostly A's and B's, including about 30 packs of B14's.

It's always fun when you luck into a mother lode like that.

This gal that was interested in rocketry found a old hobby store that was going out of business. The old guy was going into retirement. He had boxes of Centari motors as well as old Estes motors. All the Centari motors had gotten wet :( But there were good Estes and I scored them all. Blue Diamond packs of B4-4 and B4-6, 13mm A3-6, and the prize as far as I was concerned, 2 packs of B14-7's :) Took me years to burn them. I put an adapter in a Manic to go from 24mm to 18mm and CHAD staged with a D12-0. Dang I loved those flights :)

Back