Daughter-in-law's Cert I Attempt with Madcow 4 inch V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitty14

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings All,
My daughter-in-law will attempt her Cert. I with her freshly built V2 4 inch from Madcow. I have been looking for a Rocksim file and am coming up empty. I am trying to help her choose an H CTI Motor for the flight. Her V2 has a 54mm motor mount that she will use an adaptor so she can use a 38mm CTI motor.
Any recommendations for an "easy up and down" for her V2? Has anyone used the Madcow V2 for their Cert I? What motor did you use? She is aware of the CP and CG concern.
Thanks
Mark

Yes, first it will almost assuredly need nose weight.

What does it weigh? Considering the know stability issue with scale V2 I like to hit them with fast Burn higher thrust motors. If you are thinking 38 mm CTI I would think the H225 WT or possibly the I345 WT.

Thank you HHaase, I did find this file for the Wildman V2 version; however, I didn't know if anyone has stumbled across the Madcow V2 4 inch Rocksim file. I just might use this one.
Thank you so much,
Mark

Here's the file I used. I'm pretty sure I emailed Madcow and got it from them. I do have the weight and cg over-ride on.

I've flown it with the I285 and I245. I added some extra washers for nose weight but that was it. I had it set up for DD with the main chute and harness taking up every bit of space in the NC.

View attachment v240.rkt

Last edited:
Here's the file I used. I'm pretty sure I emailed Madcow and got it from them. I do have the weight and cg over-ride on.

I've flown it with the I285 and I245. I added some extra washers for nose weight but that was it. I had it set up for DD with the main chute and harness taking up every bit of space in the NC.

Thank you for the file and the info!

Mark

Back