Does the strength of the ejection charge increase with impulse?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahall4

Reaction score
Take two 24mm single use aerotech motors say an E11J and a F32T. On its face one would expect the F32 would produce more volume and/or force because it would be needed for larger air frames (more drag, volume, mass of recovery components etc...) it would no doubt be lifting, but I have never noticed any specs on the “strength” of an ejection charge.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich, I'll give it a look see.

I was asking about single use. Are you saying there are single use motors with a configurable "charge size"?

Thanks Rich, I'll give it a look see.

I was asking about single use. Are you saying there are single use motors with a configurable "charge size"?

I am not sure about SU motors since I haven't flown them yet. I know that reloadable motors do have ejection charges that can be adjusted. Someone with experience with SU motors will need to chime in on that, sorry.

If I understand it correctly, DMS motors are single use and have configurable delays and ejection charges.

If I understand it correctly, DMS motors are single use and have configurable delays and ejection charges.

That is correct. I used one last weekend. If I remember correctly, the instructions say to use the full ejection charge for airframes greater than 2.6", 1/2 the charge for smaller.

Chris

Thank guys, didn't know that about the AT DMS line. Looks like these start at 75mm, any 24mm with configurable EC (or are possibly known for stronger charges)?

Last edited:
Back