wildman kit availability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Looks like the Punisher price went way up! Glad I got mine a while back; it is easily my most flown rocket of the last six months.

I heard about a 4 inch version recently. Anyone else seen or heard? I assume it would have to be for 75mm motors, but it looks like getting one might be tricky.

Which Dark Star is the original Dark Star? I thought it was the 3 inch version but I have not seen that one available for quite some time.

3" dark star is a black saturday special but Tim will make you one for the asking. In fact he'll make any kit that's not regularly stocked.

I think the original Darkstar is now called the Darkstar Jr (54mm airframe, 38mm motor).

I think the original Darkstar is now called the Darkstar Jr (54mm airframe, 38mm motor).

You are correct..... these are the first 2 ever built. Originally designed to be flown in either short version, motor eject [Level 1] or long version with payload, Dual-deploy [L-2]. Shorty flies great on G motors!!! Long on anything that will fit.

They were so popular all the other sizes/versions came from them.... all the way up to the P powered Mega.

In case you haven't figured it out the Punisher & Darkstar are twins.....DarkStar is Punisher fins split in half.

There are rumored to be a couple 4in Xtreme Punishers in hiding. I have a 3 Xtreme which is minimum diameter for 6xl 75mm & double as booster for the 2-stage Punisher.

100_3477.jpg

100_3481.jpg

DS_long2_2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I waited 3 days to long to try and buy a punisher at 99$... Dang it!

Maybe if a 4in with a 75mm hole comes out at a good price at BS sale ill get one!

Folks. A public service announcement:
If Tim ever does a Punisher sale again - DO NOT MISS IT!

I bought one the first time around, and was astonished how few people "got it". This is, in my opinion, one of the coolest rockets Wildman has ever done. I was really amazed how many people let it pass them by without realizing what a great kit this was. It seems like lot of folks starting understanding after the fact when it was too late. It wasn't like there was no advance hype about it, so it mystified me that so many missed it. And at $99, it was one of the best deals around in years.

Well, unfortunately I proceeded to kill mine, in rather spectacular fashion. Dang! By this time many finally "got it" and the buzz about this rocket was out there, but it was no longer available (except by special order/arrangement through Tim). I wasn't flying much due to work and life getting in the way, and I regretfully accepted the fact that I blew it, and lost out on what was fast becoming one of my all-time favorite rockets. Dang again.

But, then it reappeared amongst the Wildman offerings! At the same $99 price! (there was much rejoicing). I of course jumped on it right away and bought another. A Punisher in my fleet once again - this is a very good thing.

Now once again, it seems like folks missed the window and didn't understand what they were missing until it was too late. How can this be? I know it's just my opinion, but again I gotta say this rocket is unique and one of the coolest kits out there. It's totally worth buying even not on sale. But fer' crissakes, don't miss another sale if it happens! Get a Punisher, pay full price if you have to, fly it and be happy.

Can't wait to fly mine again (this time I promise I won't almost kill anyone with it),
s6

And there was much rejoicing!

[video=youtube;_F5dUgVgQM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5dUgVgQM4[/video]

I heard about a 4 inch version recently. Anyone else seen or heard? I assume it would have to be for 75mm motors, but it looks like getting one might be tricky.

Did you see the prizes for Airfest Altitude contest?

"There will be one prize for each class. At least one lucky winner will receive the new Missile Works GPS system as soon as it is available. Someone will win a 4" Punisher. "

other than a dealer what is the record for darkstars in 1 household

I had at one time here in build pile

3-3" darkstars
2- jrs darkstars
1- 2nd stage upgrade for jr
2- mini darkstars

I want the 8" Mega :)

1- Ultimate
3- Juniors (one 2 stage)
1- Extreme
2- 3"(2 stage)
1- Mini
1- 2.6

Most.....ok fine....ALL are yellow and black

Did you see the prizes for Airfest Altitude contest?

"There will be one prize for each class. At least one lucky winner will receive the new Missile Works GPS system as soon as it is available. Someone will win a 4" Punisher. "

There it is! Sadly the only way I am winning one is by handing over my credit card, which I gladly would!

I picked one up a few weeks ago, thinking it would make a nice winter project. However, the constant stares from the corner of the room and the whispering voices in the middle of the night, "Build me", has me reconsidering when I should start on it.

No mega....but I flew the mega. I was the one that had to do the class 3 paperwork, so technically, I flew it!! LOL!!!

Ok, i think i can play with my personal build pile...I'll not count the ones in the trailer......

1 Jumbo DS (it's the one that was in the pictures for last black sat)
2 Ultimate DS (one old, one new)
1 Extreme DS
1 4 inch 54 mm DS
1 3 inch DS
1 DS juniors
1 mini DS (it's actually built and flown)

hey, those are my personal ones..I even have one built....what I really need is a building gnome....

Back