Where I have been...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score
Hello again, everybody!

I know I haven't been around, and I hope this explains why.

In early September of 2013, my Father was diagnosed with a small stomach cancer. He, stubbornly, refused surgery and decided on just chemo.

That was a mistake.

On Thanksgiving morning of 2013, he passed away.

So everything falls to me. Unfortunately, my brother, who was written out of the will, has challenged it. So I have that fight going on as the Fiduciary of the Estate.

On top of this, my wife Mary has been in and out the hospital for the last 2 years, as a result of the last brain tumor she had in 2012. She just got home last week after 4 months in the hospital and a rehab center.

And now, not only am I paying for everything out of my pocket, including the house taxes (over 8 grand), I'm taking care of my brother's soon to be ex-wife and their daughter. OK, the kid, I adore. She's so much smarter than I ever was at her age. She's a Senior this year, and off to college next year. (Yeah, I know, weird situation. But my brother is a rat bastard, so...)

Things are starting to look better. Hopefully, the judge will throw out the challenge by the end of the year, and Mary is getting better slowly.

Thought you'd like to know why I haven't been around.

Bob Allen

Today was a good day.

She had great progress in both physical and occupational therapy.

And we learned that a very dear friend, who has been fighting cancer for the last year, was declared in full remission today.

It's been a good day.

Holy cow, I'm glad things are turning for the better !! Hang in there bro. You and Mary are in Debs and my Prayers. -H

Latest posts

Back