New York URRG August 29-30 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry W

URRG Pres & Prefect
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Team. We have our Aug Launch coming up next weekend in Potter NY Sat & Sun. Aug 29 , 30th 18 k flights. The tower is available for large 15-15 and uni-strut flights. Our vendor should be on site. Looking forward to seeing you all on the field. Holes in the sky is what we do best.

Any idea on what the waiver situation will be, i.e. what the standing and call-in waivers will be, or are those determined the day of? Thanks!

Any idea on what the waiver situation will be, i.e. what the standing and call-in waivers will be, or are those determined the day of? Thanks!

We can do call ins to 18K, the tower sets the standing altitude when we call to open our waiver each day, that depends on the ceiling and projected traffic. Usually on a clear day we get 10-12k, with windows to 18K.

Looks like the URRG webpage forum is no longer available???

Yeah the old site and domain is gone. The new domain is https://urrg.us but the website has very limited functionality, no forum as of yet, as they have to rebuild from scratch. I believe if you are a URRG member you can gain access to the Facebook site, at least that was an option at one point but I don't do Facebook so I have just been emailing other members for info.

I'll be there Sat. I hate corn with a passion so I'll be mid powering this one up. Maybe toss a couple 38mm body birds in the saddlebags and ride out :)

Will there be anyone there I could buy a couple of igniters for some Loki 38/1200 loads from? I realized I don't have any that would really work and its too late for ground shipping to my house :facepalm:

I'll be there Sat. I hate corn with a passion so I'll be mid powering this one up. Maybe toss a couple 38mm body birds in the saddlebags and ride out :)

"CORN!" darn how high is the creepy stuff. I have never been able to walk into a corn field since the movie children of the corn without seeing Malahci and his creepy little buddy Issac's face.

I hate corn!

Will there be anyone there I could buy a couple of igniters for some Loki 38/1200 loads from? I realized I don't have any that would really work and its too late for ground shipping to my house :facepalm:

I'll be there sat, I should have some 4 foot magnelite dipped that'll work...just remind me to pack them the day before.... I'm not bringing the full set of gear

Hi all. Looking forward to getting out again to Potter. LDRS34 was in June and September is on the doorstep so no time to waste. Quick question, are there 20 mm rails available for the mini rail buttons? I apologize if this has been asked before but I am on my phone and can barely see to write this let alone brows the site.

Thanks!

Jamie

Hi all. Looking forward to getting out again to Potter. LDRS34 was in June and September is on the doorstep so no time to waste. Quick question, are there 20 mm rails available for the mini rail buttons? I apologize if this has been asked before but I am on my phone and can barely see to write this let alone brows the site.

Thanks!

Jamie

Jamie, I don't know if the club has mini button rails of their own or not (I've never seen any), but I always bring my own pad that has quick-change rails for both mini (6' rail) and micro (5') buttons. You're welcome to use it. A lot of my mid-power stuff flies on mini buttons, though I'm still experimenting with the micros.

Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies will be on the field both Saturday and Sunday for everyone's rocketry needs.

I am so looking forward to this weekends Launch, I hope everyone else is too. I have some nice rockets I want to fly, so except for the der Red Max all my flights will be with research motors, including my new Upscaled Big Daddy.

I understand that "Greg Elling" is going to be our Launch director for this weekend, so Let's all get to the field early Saturday to help him set up and plan to stay late enough on Sunday to help him shut down. FYI; Greg's birthday is this Saturday.

So far I have Donna Jo Elling and Rick Barnes planning on going for their Level 1 certs and Lavern Hoover wants to go through a level 3 construction review. So if anyone else wants to try for any cert flights let's make Saturday a Certification Day and I will have my paperwork with me to help with that. Maybe our new Prefect "Dan Sheerer" will have his paperwork from Tripoli HQ and can help out too.

So I hope to see many of you there for a great weekend of flying.

"Children of the Corn" was one of the lamest "horror" movies that I've seen!
The only worse one was "Pitch Black" staring Vin Diesel...

JD

"CORN!" darn how high is the creepy stuff. I have never been able to walk into a corn field since the movie children of the corn without seeing Malahci and his creepy little buddy Issac's face.

I hate corn!

Yeah the old site and domain is gone. The new domain is https://urrg.us but the website has very limited functionality, no forum as of yet, as they have to rebuild from scratch. I believe if you are a URRG member you can gain access to the Facebook site, at least that was an option at one point but I don't do Facebook so I have just been emailing other members for info.

I'm a member of URRG, but have not been able to access the Facebook page

Meanwhile, due to a family conflict I won't be able to make the launch...

Is there a problem with the website or is there a new domain? I go to urrg.org and get a page can't be displayed message.

I know you're trying to do cert flights Saturday, but I'm only able to make it out Sunday. Any chance you can squeeze in a level 2 cert?

I am so looking forward to this weekends Launch, I hope everyone else is too. I have some nice rockets I want to fly, so except for the der Red Max all my flights will be with research motors, including my new Upscaled Big Daddy.

I understand that "Greg Elling" is going to be our Launch director for this weekend, so Let's all get to the field early Saturday to help him set up and plan to stay late enough on Sunday to help him shut down. FYI; Greg's birthday is this Saturday.

So far I have Donna Jo Elling and Rick Barnes planning on going for their Level 1 certs and Lavern Hoover wants to go through a level 3 construction review. So if anyone else wants to try for any cert flights let's make Saturday a Certification Day and I will have my paperwork with me to help with that. Maybe our new Prefect "Dan Sheerer" will have his paperwork from Tripoli HQ and can help out too.

So I hope to see many of you there for a great weekend of flying.

What an insanely awesome day today! They cut most of the corn last night so the field is looking good! I can't wait to see David McCann's pictures from today, there were a lot of GREAT flights!

We left a few things in Robert and Gloria's trailer for you guy on Sunday.
Some really nice kits from Rocketry Warehouse.
Hope your good weather continues.

Hi Team. I wasn’t able to make the launch this weekend but I talked to several people that said it was a great day. Most of the corn was already harvested and by next month the fields will be like the moon surface again. No one lost a rocket and there were many certs. There were several M flights off the tower and tomorrow we will have two vendors on the field and food as well. I believe the entire weekend has individuals available to cert those that have cert flights. Great day for rocketry.

Wow,,
I'm glad you guy's had such a wonderful day...
I sure am sorry I missed it...
Next time...

Teddy

I know you're trying to do cert flights Saturday, but I'm only able to make it out Sunday. Any chance you can squeeze in a level 2 cert?

I'll still have my Tripoli Cert paperwork in my car for Sunday, so yes I can do an L2. Do you need to take a test as well or just the flight? Can do either or both, will be on the field early 9ish to activate the waiver and want to fly some of my own rockets too.

What an insanely awesome day today! They cut most of the corn last night so the field is looking good! I can't wait to see David McCann's pictures from today, there were a lot of GREAT flights!

What an epic day of flying. I'm loading up two flights now.... I took 1700 photos today, I'll have the rest done by around Tuesday night.

O3400- https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/albums/72157657872092176

20966261546_95e3531a6c_c.jpg

mpitfield's Tomach on a Loki K830 spitfire- https://www.flickr.com/photos/31757945@N05/albums/72157657520616139

20371598873_029c4bca84_c.jpg

I'll still have my Tripoli Cert paperwork in my car for Sunday, so yes I can do an L2. Do you need to take a test as well or just the flight? Can do either or both, will be on the field early 9ish to activate the waiver and want to fly some of my own rockets too.

I need to take the test, and am a NAR member but not Tripoli. I have a sealed test they sent me before LDRS (I was hoping to do it then but Lyme disease got in the way) and I'll have the other paperwork with me. I'll try to get there 9ish as well.

I set the photo upload before heading back out of town, should appear in my Flickr soon

Back