New York URRG August 29-30 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow those photo's are awesome! I must say that was one of the best launches I've ever attended. Worth the drive to Potter!
Thanks for the pics Dave.

Thanks, that was a fun launch to be at. I didn't fly much, but the atmosphere and people there were awesome.

Is there a problem with the website or is there a new domain? I go to urrg.org and get a page can't be displayed message.
Hi Dave. The urrg.org web site was shut down outside of the present BOD control. We are looking forward to the new web site URRG.us that will represent the club and its members. It should be up soon. Stay tuned!!!

Thanks a bunch Dave. Great pics, man I love that Loki K830 Spitfire. The name is very accurate as it does spit a lot of fire and it packs one heck of a punch too. I hit 15,750 @ Mach 1.87, recovered 2.5 miles away. Had a bit of issue with the recovery, which I am still looking into. But all in all it was a great launch, as Glenn said one of the best for sure.

A big thanks also to Cole for letting me use his launch tower, I think he may of grabbed some video of my launch, at least I am hoping so.

That'd be sweet video to see. One hell of a motor. I think Coleman may have left one of his cameras running when we were out setting a few rockets up. He may have to google a few words :). Opps....

Yeah the old site and domain is gone. The new domain is https://urrg.us but the website has very limited functionality, no forum as of yet, as they have to rebuild from scratch. I believe if you are a URRG member you can gain access to the Facebook site, at least that was an option at one point but I don't do Facebook so I have just been emailing other members for info.

I thought I was a member, but I guess not... Don't quite understand the closed Facebook thing...:confused2:

Hi Dave. The urrg.org web site was shut down outside of the present BOD control. We are looking forward to the new web site URRG.us that will represent the club and its members. It should be up soon. Stay tuned!!!

Thanks Larry. Hopefully time will permit me to join you guys for the September launch. Glad to hear this past weekend's launch was a great success!

My photos from the weekend:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132724805@N04/albums/72157657595322129

I'll contest the earlier claim of no rockets being lost over the weekend - my Der Green Max, now MIA, was apparently abducted by aliens over the carrot field, and I saw another rocket land in the trees over the LCO table. I made my L1 cert with my 4" Der V3, Ken Allen set me up with a Pro29 case and all the fixings, and made two flights. The first was on a H163 White Thunder (IIRC), during which the snap swivel yielded and the parachute detached and went drifting off. The rocket free feel from around 1500', landing close to the pads in the dirt. However, it was rugged enough to shrug it off with just a ding in one of the fins. I found the 'chute, bought a 600# standard swivel from Ken, reassembled everything and relaunched on a H133 Blue Streak. Second time was a clean flight.

I thought I was a member, but I guess not... Don't quite understand the closed Facebook thing...:confused2:

All non-URRG members were removed from the facebook group (including me) while the club sorted out some internal issues.

Chris (member of MARS)

Sound like transparency to me...:D

It's transparent to members. It was nothing that needed to be in the public eye. I prefer we keep the dirty laundry inside.

We are now discussing when and how to open the FB page back up as it's a good communication resource. In the future we'd hopefully have a private area in a forum to address issues such as we had, but unfortunately the nature of our previous issue prevented that.

However, I think this past launch showed those issues have not hindered our activities. This launch kicked ass.

My photos from the weekend:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132724805@N04/albums/72157657595322129

I'll contest the earlier claim of no rockets being lost over the weekend - my Der Green Max, now MIA, was apparently abducted by aliens over the carrot field, and I saw another rocket land in the trees over the LCO table. I made my L1 cert with my 4" Der V3, Ken Allen set me up with a Pro29 case and all the fixings, and made two flights. The first was on a H163 White Thunder (IIRC), during which the snap swivel yielded and the parachute detached and went drifting off. The rocket free feel from around 1500', landing close to the pads in the dirt. However, it was rugged enough to shrug it off with just a ding in one of the fins. I found the 'chute, bought a 600# standard swivel from Ken, reassembled everything and relaunched on a H133 Blue Streak. Second time was a clean flight.

Awesome photos, and I L1'd on an H133BS myself... cool motor!

am I the only one who wants to build a Strike Fighter now? I know I'm not....

That'd be sweet video to see. One hell of a motor. I think Coleman may have left one of his cameras running when we were out setting a few rockets up. He may have to google a few words :). Opps....

hahahahahahahha..............

At my first URRG Launch, 4/27/13 - And thus the madness began....

8686817609_ea5eba8a7b.jpg

It's transparent to members. It was nothing that needed to be in the public eye. I prefer we keep the dirty laundry inside.

We are now discussing when and how to open the FB page back up as it's a good communication resource. In the future we'd hopefully have a private area in a forum to address issues such as we had, but unfortunately the nature of our previous issue prevented that.

However, I think this past launch showed those issues have not hindered our activities. This launch kicked ass.....

Are you on the URRG BOD? How does one renew their membership?

I know we're in the process of rebuilding just about everything administrative, as it was unceremoniously yanked out. Most matters like that are targeted to be back online after the flying season, not many people re-up in August/Sept. If it's something you'd like to do now for the last few launches of the season, send me a PM and I'll get a solid anwser for you.

I know we're in the process of rebuilding just about everything administrative, as it was unceremoniously yanked out. Most matters like that are targeted to be back online after the flying season, not many people re-up in August/Sept. If it's something you'd like to do now for the last few launches of the season, send me a PM and I'll get a solid anwser for you.

That's ok... If I make it up to another launch this season, I'll deal with it then... I guess you must be on the BOD...:lol:

That's ok... If I make it up to another launch this season, I'll deal with it then... I guess you must be on the BOD...:lol:

Yes. I am. Not sure why you keep driving at that.

We have a big field and a waiver to boot. Come enjoy it. We're having a picnic on the 26th. Come punch some holes in the sky.

Yes. I am. Not sure why you keep driving at that.

We have a big field and a waiver to boot. Come enjoy it. We're having a picnic on the 26th. Come punch some holes in the sky.

JFYI, I have flown from the field quite a few times and you're right---great field... With all the turmoil, just was not sure whom is on the BOD now... Also, not sure about the 26th, may be in Hew Hampshire that weekend...

Hi Fred As Dave mentioned we are working on the web site. If you want to join in the mean time send a check for 30 dollars to URRG at 720 Creek Lane Youngstown NY 14174 attention Larry. Include your TRA or NAR number, Your address, email, level, and phone number. I will get your membership card out asap. Anyone that joins after September 1st their membership will count toward next year as well. TKS Larry W

Back