3 inch PUNISHER drag race at METRA (pick up in Sept, drag race Oct)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrarick

Wildman CT
Reaction score
All

I've decided to run a little drag race...one that will really save you serous money....

For $175 you get

In Sept launch (must pick up)
3 inch punisher AND a 54 mm aeropack retainer
In October lunch (must fly drag race)
CTI 1 grain motor AND I455 Vmax relod

Total value if bought alone: 294.72. You save 119.72!

I'm getting 7 packages, if you want to reserve a kit contact me via PM. You MUST be at metra's october launch with a built rocket to get the deal. Sorry if you're too far away......

Ok, so I had a couple of people ask for clarifications..... so here it goes, I hope.

Come to the launch next weekend and plunk down 175. I'll give you the 3 inch punisher and a aeropack 54 mm retainer. (normally $185)
Come back to the OCTOBER launch and show me your completed punisher, and I'll give you a 1 grain 54 mm motor AND a I455 vmax for free!
then you fly the drag race...

Easy????

hopefully it's more clear...

see you there!

Ken:

Will know more tonight when we have the BOD call in. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us.
Arlie has his posted on the METRA FB site
You've seen mine.
Trey still has to do the drilling and he's flyable, but wants to paint it. Dad needs to mount the electronics on the ebay.
I've not seen the others yet...

Thanks for the update Rick! Yup, fully aware a hurricane can put a damper on a launch. ;)

Mine is built and primed, but have to finish DD testing...weather and SLCF flight computer isn't cooperating - couldn't get SLCF to fire in vaccuum testing, so just switched to Quark and Quark is working fine with igniters, but charge testing requires long wire lines and the current sampling/vent holes don't quite accommodate the wires right now...gotta figure this one out)

Questions:
-How large can I go with the sampling holes?
-I have an Eggfinder in the bay...do you know if the stock brass rod antenna is good enough to send out a signal or should I switch to a bigger antenna/just mount on shock cord? I've tested it in the enclosed bay and got a signal maybe 1/3 mile away (quite impressive I thought).

CrazyOB/Bob has his built and is testing DD. I'd guess just needs final finishing (ex. rail buttons) and paint (if any).

Last edited:
I have 1/4 inch vent holes in mine - plenty big for a JTEK to fit through.
I mount my Rdf to the shock cord. not sure how durable the eggfinder is....

rick

FYI:

The METRA Oct launch has been rescheduled for Oct 17 and 18.
Due to remnants of the Hurricane and strong winds.

Here's a pick of my finished drag race entry:

JD

2015-10-02 10.44.48.jpg

Back