Bitter Sweet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouch

Reaction score
Today I just turned in my two week notice to a job that has been good to me and my wife. It is just another step in the long process of relocating back home. Soon I will be back in the Dallas - Fort Worth area starting a new life and making new rocket friends. Some I feel I already know! Should be exciting. I have moved many times before so it's old hat but this one seems different and we are very excited to be Texans again.

Ohh man Jarrett,,
I knew this was coming but surely wasn't looking forward to it..
I am so sorry to see you guy's leaving us...
It's been super launching with you at all the METRA launches...
I am glad that this is a good thing for you guy's..
So maybe it's a little selfish,, I wish you weren't going,,, lol...

You and your wife will be sorely missed Jarrett........

Take care,,
Be very safe,,,

Teddy

Thanks Teddy! On the bright side, we are planning to make the launch in September. We are looking forward to it big time.

Good man,,
I'm glad you are..
Looking forward to seeing you there..
Wait till you get to a launch in Texas...
It seems like I'm shipping to Texas all the time...
You'll see my harnesses there a lot... lol...

Teddy

May your move be delightfully uneventful. You will of course be welcomed on your arrival. I look forward to meeting you at a future DARS launch.

Just make sure when he shows up, he does not get away with bringing one of his drop dead gorgeously painted rockets and leaves w/o flying it.

May your move be delightfully uneventful. You will of course be welcomed on your arrival. I look forward to meeting you at a future DARS launch.

About that, I have been trying to keep up with the goings on down there. It looks like HP flights are limited to Corsicana and Asa now correct? Does that mean there still are fields in the metroplex that supports class 1 rockets?

About that, I have been trying to keep up with the goings on down there. It looks like HP flights are limited to Corsicana and Asa now correct? Does that mean there still are fields in the metroplex that supports class 1 rockets?

Gunter may be a limited high power field, through I or J...something like that. Corsicana is theoretically in play, but burn bans are a part of life here. Asa (HOTROC field) is sweet, but only active when the crops are out, ~Oct-March. Hearne is a 3 hr drive for the Tripoli Houston launch...a good group and a good time. Austin Rocketry Group has a couple fields I believe, but I haven't attended one of their launchs, yet. There are options for HPR, but some do require driving...at least most of it is throug cruise control country with 75-85 mph speed limits, and plenty of Kolache stops along the way.

Frisco is still a decent LP/MPR site. Urban sprawl has gone NUTS down here, even in the 8 years I've been here...it is definately having an effect on rocketry.

MMMM I so miss stopping in West for some Kolaches!

BTW despite what Al says, I do fly my rockets. He is just too busy repairing his junk from his latest mishap or running back to the pits for a new "ignitor" to even really notice. It's a shame really, I have had some really cool launches he has totally missed.

Gunter may be a limited high power field, through I or J...something like that. Corsicana is theoretically in play, but burn bans are a part of life here. Asa (HOTROC field) is sweet, but only active when the crops are out, ~Oct-March. Hearne is a 3 hr drive for the Tripoli Houston launch...a good group and a good time. Austin Rocketry Group has a couple fields I believe, but I haven't attended one of their launchs, yet. There are options for HPR, but some do require driving...at least most of it is throug cruise control country with 75-85 mph speed limits, and plenty of Kolache stops along the way.

Frisco is still a decent LP/MPR site. Urban sprawl has gone NUTS down here, even in the 8 years I've been here...it is definately having an effect on rocketry.

I know I'm probably going to regret asking this,,,
but there are some things I just can't help.....

What's a Kolache....

Teddy

A kolache is more like a small sweet bread with fruit of some sort pushed in the top of them. They are a Check thing and they are fantastic. They can be filled with pineapple, cherry, apple, all sorts of berries or peaches. You find them all over central Texas or specifically in the town of West just north of Waco. This is the thing about Texas, there are so many hidden gems all over the great state that are found with a tank of gas and a will to explore.

https://thiseclecticlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/kolaches.jpg

Thanks for your compliment Al! I am gonna miss your flavor of humor for sure.

About as much as you would miss a good case of athlete's foot.

:)

Just remember in our community, if we stop giving you grief, then you need to ask if you made someone mad.

P.S. The Minnie Magg is just about done. Nothing like a countdown clock to motivate me.

My favorite kolache stop in West, TX: Slovacek's

The pineapple kolache and the sausage and sauerkraut kolache are my favorites.

Anyhow, good luck with the move. Do you have a idea of when you'll be showing up in these parts, and which part of the sprawl you'll be in?

My sprawl arrival will be in south Arlington. I am looking at the mid September.

Al, when ever you need me to help you tape out your flames let me know.

Cool, welcome back Jarrett! I see Brisket and Tex-Mex in your very near future!

The pastry / sweet thing I'm not too big on...
But the sausage and sauerkraut thing is a different story,,, lol...
Now your talkin my language...
Jarrett,, if Al's G's buggerin you that just means you're one of the regulars,,, lol....
Hey,, Bob's right,, there's some serious food in Texas...
I've tried smoking beef brisket at least 3 times...
Flavor is great,,,
Way too dry every time...

Jarrett,,
We will always be in touch through type........
You take care of yourself and your bride.......
Be very safe....

Teddy

Back