Where did I go?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoes23

Reaction score
No, I did not leave the great hobby of rocketry. I had to step away so my family and I can make the arrangements for moving to Florida. All my rocket buying, building, painting and launching had stopped for the season. It was/is a very hard thing to do and I still get withdraws from the hobby, oh how I miss the smell of burning APCP and the people at the launch range. I'm out for now, but not for good. Once my family and I are settled I'll be back into swing of things with rockets and maybe I'll have the half scale PML Patriot rocket done and in the air at a NEFAR club launch, till then happy launching

I'm in kinda the same situation. My building supplies are in storage :( I'm looking for a new place but as I have lived in a family home (no rent history) and the bills that I paid were in someone else's name and I haven't bought anything in over 20 years on credit my credit rating is as low as it can get without being bad :p

It used to be called "living within your means", now it means "cutting your own throat".... :(

I'm in kinda the same situation. My building supplies are in storage :( I'm looking for a new place but as I have lived in a family home (no rent history) and the bills that I paid were in someone else's name and I haven't bought anything in over 20 years on credit my credit rating is as low as it can get without being bad :p

It used to be called "living within your means", now it means "cutting your own throat".... :(

Yeh, the banks don't like that, they can't make money off you, so they punish you.

No, I did not leave the great hobby of rocketry. I had to step away so my family and I can make the arrangements for moving to Florida. All my rocket buying, building, painting and launching had stopped for the season. It was/is a very hard thing to do and I still get withdraws from the hobby, oh how I miss the smell of burning APCP and the people at the launch range. I'm out for now, but not for good. Once my family and I are settled I'll be back into swing of things with rockets and maybe I'll have the half scale PML Patriot rocket done and in the air at a NEFAR club launch, till then happy launching

Hang in there, I have been in situations that put a stop to building & flying. But I still went to some launches and didn't SELL anything! So stay on TRF, window..... er, I mean Internet window shop & you will be flying before you know it.

If you ask mortgage companies they will still manually underwrite loans without a credit rating, some don't - they just want FICO lending. you could always find a mom pop place to rent and build a rent history too

Welcome to Florida. You will Like NEFAR. There is always a good group of folks that fly there. Sometimes it hard to get a pad in the middle of the day with all the flyers trying to get one. Look forward to meet and see your rocket fly.

If you ask mortgage companies they will still manually underwrite loans without a credit rating, some don't - they just want FICO lending. you could always find a mom pop place to rent and build a rent history too

Rentals have all gone to California-style rental agency's. If you don't have a decent enough credit history you can forget it. I do belong to a credit union and it's looking like I might have to try there and buy a mobile home on a lot...that is if they will. When my settlement does come in I'm liable to sell it off anyway, I plan on moving to the ocean...somewhere. Could be Brookings, Oregon or McAllen, Texas. Numbers 1 & 2 on my list. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but Idaho...59 years give or take is long enough and there's no ocean...

Welcome to Florida. You will Like NEFAR. There is always a good group of folks that fly there. Sometimes it hard to get a pad in the middle of the day with all the flyers trying to get one. Look forward to meet and see your rocket fly.

Thank you, looking forward to meet you and the rest of the club. I'm hoping to attend the September launch, we will see if things pan out.

Ok, another Florida update. My family and I have been living here for about 7 months now, I've been to one NEFAR launch, the people that I met at the launch are very nice, and I'm still getting use to the southern hospitality, one of many reasons my family and I moved here. So, the latest update is I got a job in the same field that I worked up north, and after looking for a few hours we put a bid on a house, all the paper work is done along with the inspections and value assessment we are now waiting to close on the eighth, as soon as we are moved in and some what settled I can resume all rocketry activities and attend more NEFAR club launches.

Wow,,
That sure is great to hear..
Glad to hear you're getting settled
and everything is lining up for you...
All the best..

Teddy

Welcome! We are a very rocket-friendly state for the most part, and NEFAR is a terrific club.

Well its been 7 years since my family and I moved to florida. We fell on tough times and I had to sell all of my rocket related stuff and that was hard to do, but my family comes first. I got my son in to rocketry and got him a starter kit for Christmas and we can get into rocketry again. I read that NEFAR lost their field and have not found another yet, does anyone know the status of there search? So in 2023 I'll be back to buying building and flying rockets again and with my son.

Back