R/C Transmitter case label

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Made up an ID Label to put onto a case for my R/C transmitter. Have flown all of these (OK, so I did not have a good glide photo of my own shuttle orbiters).

7WWCndu.jpg

To print the ID Label (created in Photoshop), I used an inkjet printer. Then went to Officemax, and had them make a color copy onto glossy paper. The color toner holds up in sunlight over time better than inkjet ink does. Then had it cut out and laminated. To attach it to the Tx case, I used 3M77 spray adhesive on the case, and onto the back of the laminated label.

xHrkl5W.jpg

HIBfsln.jpg

Cool.

What Spektrum TX are you using?

DX-18 (the original first gens are on sale now). I am flying with a group that have three DX-18's, so it's important to easily see whose is whose. Of theirs, one is stock, one is green coded (on sticks and handle) , and one is blue coded. So, mine is red coded (my favorite color).

Also, switch B, top left, has red heat shrink on it, as all four Tx's do. That switch is used to go from Boost Mode to Glide Mode. One of the great features of the DX-18 is that by using a switch like that, the trim settings can be different for boost and glide modes (Almost all R/C RBG's need more down elevator for boost than for glide, or more up for glide than for boost, depending on how you look at it).

The DX-18 is put thru its paces by my S8E-P model. It has 5 servos, 3 in the wing. Elevator and rudder for the tail surfaces, and used for pitch and "turning" (rudder). The wing servos are for "crow" to increase drag and reduce lift, to allow for a steeper glide slope without increasing speed too much. Center flap goes down. Left and Right trailing edges move up. But they are not used for ailerons. Maybe sometime I may tweak the programing to get a bit of spoileron effect where as they are moved up more and more, they might begin to move differentially to allow for some sort of aileron-ish control authority. But the rudder control authority during maximum crow has seemed pretty good and I like rudder control versus ailerons wherever practical.

Anyway, some complicated mixing going on, making good use of the DX-18 features. Including having the throttle channel (throttle stick controls the amount of crow) mixed into the elevator to give some down elevator to compensate for some net "up" trim effect from the flap deflection.

c7vBDQx.jpg

hg3kEux.jpg

TA08WwJ.jpg

Last edited:
Back