Who is the best rocket builder in the world?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NASA? Except maybe the Vanguard series...

OK, according to George, I'm an idiot. I guess trying to crack a joke late at night is apparently too hard for me, so, I'll try to do more research before I post again. Sorry to offend REAL space history buffs. For that I apologize. Consider me publicly shamed and properly humiliated, George.
Adrian

Last edited:
Well it ain't me! That only leaves 6,999,999,999 other possible candidates.

NASA? Except maybe the Vanguard series...
Adrian

double-facepalm.jpg

You need to read about space history.

Such as, when was NASA created (hint, not before Vanguard flew).

What part of government flew Vanguard.

And what part of government flew Explorer-1, the first U.S. satellite to go into orbit.

Also BTW, the main person responsible for that Explorer-1 success, who was not working for NASA at that time (it didn't exist yet), was also the main person responsible for the U.S. landing men on the moon. And HE was the best rocket builder/designer of all.

- George Gassaway

1101580217_400.jpg
ralph-crane-scientist-wernher-von-braun-with-model-of-moon-rocket-he-designed-november-18-1957.jpg
313px-Seamans%2C_von_Braun_and_President_Kennedy_at_Cape_Canaveral_-_GPN-2000-001843.jpg

von%20Braun-color-Marshall-TV.jpg

Last edited:
double-facepalm.jpg

You need to read about space history.

Such as, when was NASA created (hint, not before Vanguard flew).

What part of government flew Vanguard.

And what part of government flew Explorer-1, the first U.S. satellite to go into orbit.

Also BTW, the main person responsible for that Explorer-1 success, who was not working for NASA at that time, was also the main person responsible for the U.S. landing men on the moon. And HE was the best rocket builder/designer of all.

- George Gassaway

1101580217_400.jpg
ralph-crane-scientist-wernher-von-braun-with-model-of-moon-rocket-he-designed-november-18-1957.jpg
313px-Seamans%2C_von_Braun_and_President_Kennedy_at_Cape  _Canaveral_-_GPN-2000-001843.jpg

von%20Braun-color-Marshall-TV.jpg

[video=youtube;QEJ9HrZq7Ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro[/video]

BTW, wernher von braun wasn't the best rocket builder. He was just a rocket designer.

Finest, no-nonsense builder who instigated my L1 & L2...Crazy Jim gets my vote! His methods just WORK.

I totally am the bestest. Duh.

But for number two, I nominate Fred-

19193935206_0f6f44c213_c.jpg

Vern Hoag, Jim Jarvis

Seconded. Actually before I got to your post, Claude, that's exactly who I was thinking! JimJ for performance rockets, VernH for scale rockets. In case you haven't heard, Vern's working on a (24" diameter I believe) Merc Redstone for Airfest 2016...I will be there!

-Eric-

Actually, you're all wrong.

The "Best Rocket Builder in the World" IS ME!

I never fail, never make mistakes, and always inspire. My rockets always look good and create awe and wonder when they fly. Cost is never an issue for me. My only challenge is how to top my last flight. Needless to say, I always do.

Well all of that's according to my 3 year old grandson. My 11 year old grandson may not be quite so convinced these days.

Seriously though, any father, grandfather, or teacher amongst you that has introduced rocketry to the young, has probably been regarded as "the best rocket builder in the world" at least for a short while.
Being the best is not always about our own achievement, more often about the inspiration and ability we give to others.

SO.

Last edited:
My wife. She builds rockets. She helps me build rockets. She lets me build rockets. She encourages me to build rockets! She is the best!

- - Roger

Von Braun had the most genius mind of anyone. NASA doesn't build rockets their contractors do. Tom Cohen builds my favorite high power rockets. His passion for the hobby is commendable and every rocket he builds is crowd pleaser. His rockets always impress and his success rate is nearly flawless.

Back