Cruz's Views on Space

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard Cruz talk about the space program, but his response was what I've come to expect from him. I'd sure love to see us get back into space in a serious way before I'm pushing up daisies.

I've never heard Cruz talk about the space program, but his response was what I've come to expect from him. I'd sure love to see us get back into space in a serious way before I'm pushing up daisies.

I had the same thoughts. The summary of Cruz's views is short and to the point and reiterates the issue that we are renewing a contract to spend 480 million dollars for Soyuz transportation to the ISS that would be better spent on our own manned space program.

Why is it that a politician is free to discuss space travel and rocketry anywhere he/she chooses yet rocket enthusiasts are forbidden to discuss the politics of rocketry on a rocket forum? Thirsty Barbarian, are you listening?

Why is it that a politician is free to discuss space travel and rocketry anywhere he/she chooses yet rocket enthusiasts are forbidden to discuss the politics of rocketry on a rocket forum? Thirsty Barbarian, are you listening?

Why is it that you insist - over and over and over and over again - to try and stir up this crap every chance you get? You have your place to spout of as much as you like, and it even has an echo chamber to make you feel just SO righteous and justified. And this is not that place.

Please.....PLEASE - you know the rules and situation here, and we are all fully aware how much it bothers you. Either get over it, or just go play in your other sandbox.

jeez,
s6

The forum allows discussion of space policy. General politics is just too angst inducing, and so is forbidden. Sadly, people often make the policy discussions degenerate into political fights. Feel free to discuss the Cruz policies. Any more political backbiting and the thread will be closed.

I actually think a thread just showing a contrast of the candidates views on rocketry and space exploration is a good idea.

I actually think a thread just showing a contrast of the candidates views on rocketry and space exploration is a good idea.

I agree. Interest in the Space Program's future trickles down to the future of rocketry science and eventually interest and support of our hobby. If a thread is not sidetracked by politics as a whole it serves a proper purpose here.

I wonder what the Donald thinks about space travel...

Why is it that you insist - over and over and over and over again - to try and stir up this crap every chance you get? You have your place to spout of as much as you like, and it even has an echo chamber to make you feel just SO righteous and justified. And this is not that place.

Please.....PLEASE - you know the rules and situation here, and we are all fully aware how much it bothers you. Either get over it, or just go play in your other sandbox.

jeez,
s6

Fair enough. Since my question bothers you so much that you have chosen to assign sinister motives to it, why not just share your views with us all regarding Senator Ted Cruz's views on America's space program while I abstain from further participation? :pop:

As far as where NASA is now, you can hear the current administrator, Charles Bolden.

Charles Bolden was charged to do 3 things, which you can hear within the first two minutes of the video in his own words without any edits and in context ...

[YOUTUBE]e857ZcuIfnI[/YOUTUBE]

I'll let others debate how successful how things have gone.

Greg

https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/venus/q2811.html

At current projections it will take a good bit of time before astronauts could travel to Mars, at least 9 months according to this article. There might well be both male and female astronauts engaged in such a mission. If a female astronaut were or became pregnant while on such a voyage and later gave birth to a child on the Martian surface, what nationality would that child claim?

https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/venus/q2811.html

At current projections it will take a good bit of time before astronauts could travel to Mars, at least 9 months according to this article. There might well be both male and female astronauts engaged in such a mission. If a female astronaut were or became pregnant while on such a voyage and later gave birth to a child on the Martian surface, what nationality would that child claim?

I don't know. Maybe space law will imitate maritime law with regard to space being treated similar to international waters. If not, it could put a new spin on the term "illegal alien".

Greg

I just re-read senator Cruz's remarks about the future of American manned space. It would be informative if the other presidential candidates from both political parties would share their views on this subject so we can compare and judge them against each other. Any candidate that has been paying any attention to reality must first deal with the very real potential for a world wide economic collapse.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dow jones industrial average

I just re-read senator Cruz's remarks about the future of American manned space. It would be informative if the other presidential candidates from both political parties would share their views on this subject so we can compare and judge them against each other. Any candidate that has been paying any attention to reality must first deal with the very real potential for a world wide economic collapse.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dow jones industrial average

Yes, in particular, I would like to hear what Deez Nuts has to say about the future of our manned space program...

https://national.suntimes.com/natio...deez-nuts-hits-9-percent-latest-2016-gop-poll

Back