Hobby Shops (Rocketry) in the UK.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitbasher99

Reaction score
I will be in the UK for two weeks starting on Monday August 24th. I will be spending time in Blackpool, York, London, and Penzance, and Edinburgh Scotland. Are there any Rocketry Shops anywhere close to these locations I might be able to visit while I am there?

Dear Phil,

My knowledge of UK rocketry shops is limited mainly because I haven't been able to find any in the couple of years I've been following the pastime. It seems to be done mainly by mail order. You might try Wheelspin models but they deal mainly with low power Estes kits. And they are based in the Midlands so nowhere close to your tour.
Mail order outlets are: The Model Rocket Shop, Rockets and Things, and UKRockets.

As I said, I've only been searching for a couple of years so if you find somewhere I'd appreciate you letting me know.

It also seems that most rocketry communication in the UK is draining and concentrating into Facebook. So if you subscribe you might want to contact the UK Rocketry Association and ask the question there. They will certainly advise and suggest UK events that might be taking place near your visit venues. There are usually on site vendors at these events.

Most of all, enjoy you stay in the UK, you've picked some good places to visit, particularly if you are on holiday. Weather never guaranteed however! Don't know why you didn't include Norfolk on your agenda? A jewel in England's crown, home of our royalty and of Abraham Lincoln's family. Then again, I'm slightly biased as I write from there.

All the best,

SO.

Last edited:
I will be in the UK for two weeks starting on Monday August 24th. I will be spending time in Blackpool, York, London, and Penzance, and Edinburgh Scotland. Are there any Rocketry Shops anywhere close to these locations I might be able to visit while I am there?

Hi Kitbasher

We don't have any physical shops in the UK, everything is either done mail order or on site at events.

There's a couple of events which may or may not fit your schedule.

IRW 2015
Start: 24/08/2015 - 10:00
End: 31/08/2015 - 16:00
The 30th Annual Rocket Flying Event in Scotland.

The annual International Rocket Week is an event for Model, High Power, and Amateur rocketry – building, flying, discussing, enjoying – for and by rocketeers and rocketry followers of all ages. The IRW encompasses Open, Competition, and Experimental/Research flying.

For more details see IRW website at https://irw.rocketry.org.uk

Also:

Midland Sky 2015
Start: 12/09/2015 - 10:30
End: 13/09/2015 - 17:30
Midland Sky 2015 (MRC's annual weekend event) is being held on the 12 -13 September
(Set up and camping from the Friday night)
Checkout the MRC website for further details and directions - midlandrocketry.org.uk

These are two of the biggest events on the UK rocketry calendar. I believe there will be at least 4 M powered launches at Midland Sky.

Hope you can make one of these!

There is also a EARS monthly launch on Sunday 6th September, just north of Cambridge (www.ears.org.uk)

Best

Andy

Back