Adhesion Promotor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I never used this stuff, but my friend Mat said it worked well for him on his rockets. I know that you use it to provide adhesion for primer and paint to stick to plastics, but what about fiber glass? I'm getting ready to paint the fin can on my PML Bull Pup and wanted some feed back. I also used the PML 2 part foam for the fin can and opted out of the internal fillets. I like how the foam works and I think I will use that method on my future builds.

Thanks guys!

20150819_180436.jpg20150819_180445.jpg20150819_180512.jpg20150819_180709.jpg

Last edited:
I use a similar Duplicolor product on all my nose cones and the primer definitely grabs tighter ( no more blue masking tape peeling the paint off as its removed). It also seems to help keep chipping down when landing.
It probably isn't necessary for FG but it wouldn't hurt.

I use a similar Duplicolor product on all my nose cones and the primer definitely grabs tighter ( no more blue masking tape peeling the paint off as its removed). It also seems to help keep chipping down when landing.
It probably isn't necessary for FG but it wouldn't hurt.

I guess what I'm saying is if I get over spray on the fiber glass it shouldn't hurt right? I also wonder if you need the adhesion promotor on the Quantum tubes from PML? I'll check their website and see if they have some information listed?

I seriously doubt the Adhesion promoter would harm the FG, on QT it would probably be a good place to use it.

Back