A Perfect Bavarian Evening

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iqsy59

Reaction score
It began yesterday evening when my long-time forum friend and fellow scale rocket enthusiast, Denis (legranddudu) picked me up at my hotel in Glockenbachviertel. We drove to a quaint Italian restaurant where I had the best pasta that I had experienced in a very long time. Al dente!

We then returned to his home where I was able to see the completed Ruhrstahl Kramer X5 that was still in the assembly stage during my last visit and a very nice and large 3 motor hybrid cluster rocket that had flown recently.

Even more impressive to me was the full scale X-7, which has been fascinating me since I first read about it here on the forum. Though it is still in the fabrication stage, Denis built a mock-up out of the parts and I have to tell you this is one of the most intriguing and challenging projects I have ever seen! But if you know Denis, you know that this bird will fly.

A good friend, good food, the best beer in the world, perfect weather, amazing projects, and the most interesting rocket discussions that you could imagine...all conspired to make this a perfect Bavarian evening!

Cheers,
Michael

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Michael it has been a great pleasure to see you again in Munich. This international rocket community is simply a great big family!
Now I have to find good reasons to make a business journey near to Greenville SC ;-)
Denis

Drink some Schwaben Brau for me.

I'll definitely see if I can find one and drink it in your honor. I may have to be discrete because the Bavarians take their beer very seriously! Drinking a beer from Stuttgart in public may carry the same stigma as if I were to drive a Porsche to work...not good!

Cheers,
Michael

My perfect Bavarian evening may turn into a perfect Bavarian week! I have learned that there is a launch in Manching this weekend and a very generous local enthusiast (who flies with my club on occasion) has agreed to help me get there. Thank you Leo! What a great opportunity! It's a shame I didn't bring anything with me to fly.

Cheers,
Michael

Sure beats the Würste Bavarian Evening.

Of course, I'm just being a Brat. :wink:

Back