MMMSC IS ADDED Another Launch to Schedule - 29 August 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At our last launch, a group of flyers came to Safety Check too late with their L1 and L2 cert flights and regular HPR flights to make it in before the waiver expired. At the suggestion of one of the timed out flyers, we are looking to add another launch to the schedule for 29 August.

If you are interested in attending this launch, please reply to this thread; we're less likely to hold an extra launch if only three people are looking to go so flood this thread with responses so we'll know it will be worth the effort.

If we get an adequate response to hold the launch, Robert & Gloria will be there with their AMW/ProX trailer full of goodies including a fresh shipment from the Rocketry Warehouse. Gloria will be cooking lunch and frozen treats will be available for dessert.

Please reply as quickly as possible. We'd like to make a decision by Tuesday the 25th.

24 August Edit:
The response has been good and the weather forecast looks like it will cooperate, too.
We are GO for a launch this Saturday, 29 August 2015.

Last edited:
I am 100% positive I want to attend, and if my wife works that weekend.. Count me in ! I will confirm her schedule and reply. I also could possibly bring 2 other flyers, 1 whom is looking to get L1 certified.

I'm interested, but not 100% sure I will make it. It somewhat depends on the weather this Saturday. If it does not rain, I plan to drive up and try to recover my rocket from the tree it's hanging in. If it does rain this Saturday, I would most likely be heading up there on the 29th anyway.

I will certainly Attend! I've finally sat down and fixed up all my HPR stuff, so I've got a need to burn some APCP.

Also very happy to be an L1 witness.

Put me down as a definite maybe. I have not burned a single motor this year and I need to fix that!

Hey, we just registered so we have our own voice now!! Thanks Frank and YES Randy, Ella and maybe Tara will be attending. Randy Higgison

Hey, we just registered so we have our own voice now!! Thanks Frank and YES Randy, Ella and maybe Tara will be attending. Randy Higgison

Welcome to the forum, Randy and his girls. With you three on board, that would boost our total number of flights significantly.

Still looking for more "Yeses"; We'll let you know what's happening Tuesday.

Thanks Ken. Hope that is a good thing despite Ella and Tara's girly commentaries such as "Coloring your sky pink", from Tara and Ella's references to Star Trek. :facepalm:

More flights are always a good thing and the girls' comments give the LCO something interesting to say beyond the drone of the standard flight card info. :D

More flights are always a good thing and the girls' comments give the LCO something interesting to say beyond the drone of the standard flight card info. :D

Not to mention the occasional "family grudge match" drag race :wink:

Yes Kenn, I will be able to attend the launch on the 29th of Aug. Royce.

In case you didn't notice the title change on the thread or the edit to the first post, the launch is on for this Saturday.
Remember, Hubbard Road is blocked coming from the south so it would be better to approach from Route 202 onto Hubbard Road from the north.

Hi All,
Just a heads up! The pumpkin cannon folks will also be on the field. I will be meeting with them on Friday to coordinate the use of the turf farm. This will not be a problem! But will be fun to watch!

We're trying to come up with a motto for the club for a new banner Scott will be ordering. Fliskits has "Aim for the sky, and try not to miss". Let's see what we can come up with.

Bring your suggestions to the launch Saturday or post them here.

Last edited:
"Flying rockets is our Maine activity"

Gotta include a pun. To quote "Real Genius", it is a "moral imperative"!

Another twist to the launch this Saturday; there will be a group of world-class pumpkin chuckers set up in the southwest corner of the field near Hubbard Rd. For safety purposes, we will set up next to them along the usual access road so we can see each other and better coordinate our shots. This will put us in a narrow area and close to the trees but the pads can be adjusted to utilize the large area of the field we usually recover in. Pay attention to the wind direction and make a positive effort to stay out of the trees.

When you get to the farm, enter from Hubbard Rd and immediately turn right. You'll see our trailer and set up; Scott will direct the parking if it isn't obvious.

Bummer but looks like I won't make it up after all - draining week at a conference, can't hack the 1 1/2 hour drive. Next time!

Back