Keychain Camera (experimenting for first time)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLaunchman

Launching since 1975
Reaction score
I purchased the Spycrushers car key chain spy camera for $24.99 and attached it to two rockets for its first flights. I flew it on an Estes Astrocam with a B6-4 and a BT-80 based scratchbuild I call the Broadsword II with a D12-3. Both flights resulted in dramatic videos. I attached the camera with the low-tech Scotch tape method which worked out just fine.

The first picture (right to left) shows my Astrocam before the flight. The second picture shows the unintended ejection of the B6-4 on account of an out of alignment engine hook (after 46 flights). The other three pictures are frame captures taken from the video onboard the Broadsword II. I am clearly visible on the ground along with my two sons.

image5.PNG

image4.PNG

image3.PNG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Fun stuff. IF you check out my video channel (Frankenvideo1) on youtube, you'll see a bunch of flights I've uploaded. Been a while since I've bothered with keychain cameras since I got busier, but I have fond memories!

Yep! Big fun! I oscillate between the downward facing key chain camera and the outward facing pocket spy camera. In the end I like the outward facing for the most part.
https://www.intelspy.com/sm18ghispyca.html
is an example of the pocket camera. You can easily build it into the rocket or on larger models, just strap it to the side.

Yep! Big fun! I oscillate between the downward facing key chain camera and the outward facing pocket spy camera. In the end I like the outward facing for the most part.
https://www.intelspy.com/sm18ghispyca.html
is an example of the pocket camera. You can easily build it into the rocket or on larger models, just strap it to the side.

Jeff,
Intelspy.com shows that camera to be out of stock :facepalm:

Back