Estes CS is Top Notch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purkeypilot

Reaction score
Well, I emailed Estes about 2 hours ago requesting a replacement BT for my Mercury Redstone that arrived in the mail with a big flat spot and creases. About 30 minutes ago, Mike Fritz emailed me back requesting my mailing address and will have a replacement sent out within the next week. Professional, painless and efficient! Thanks Estes and Mike!

Well, I emailed Estes about 2 hours ago requesting a replacement BT for my Mercury Redstone that arrived in the mail with a big flat spot and creases. About 30 minutes ago, Mike Fritz emailed me back requesting my mailing address and will have a replacement sent out within the next week. Professional, painless and efficient! Thanks Estes and Mike!

Me too.

Got a replacement coming as well.

I wouldn't count on a whole kit, at the beginning of the month I got my MR, but was missing the capsule. The fins had a nice crack through them also. While customer service was quick to respond (the next day, since I emailed on Sunday), I received the parts needed and the new decal sheet within by Friday.

I had a very different experience with that same situation,
I received my replacement BT but I was just the tube and it was also
Smashed the delivery man even slammed it in the floor, I email Estes
And to this day no response,

Seems the Customer Service can vary and it may also depend upon who you get. In the past, when I've had issue, I was given complete replacement kits...even when I only asked for a part.

First was a Skywriter where I tried to paint it myself to make it more realistic and the primer coat crackled over the original paint...I asked for a new bt and they sent me the entire kit.

Then there was a Majestic (PS Kit), which had a big plastic drip blemish on the chromed nose cone...I asked for a new nose cone and got an entire kit.

The most recent case was I purchased an Estes Engine Assortment pack at my local Hobby Lobby and when I opened it, it was all A8-3s (I carefully checked the tape and it wasn't previously opened) and after several emails (seemed it may have been forgotten at one point), they finally sent me an entire new box.

I think there were 4 cases in all and I would've been fine with just the parts in some cases, but was really impressed with their great service; however I worry about others abusing it since not everyone out there is completely honest and abuse often results in policy changes.

Back