Entacore AIM USB competition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_Webb

Reaction score
For the next three months we'll be running a competition where you can stand the chance to win an AIM USB. Just send us pictures of the rocket you plan to fly the altimeter in with the hashtag ‪#‎entacoreaim‬. Post pics to our facebook page, or send them through to us and we'll put them up for you if you don't have an account. Want to learn more about what you stand a chance to win? Visit our webpage for more info https://entacore.com/electronics/aimusb.

For the next three months we'll be running a competition where you can stand the chance to win an AIM USB. Just send us pictures of the rocket you plan to fly the altimeter in with the hashtag ‪#‎entacoreaim‬. Post pics to our facebook page, or send them through to us and we'll put them up for you if you don't have an account. Want to learn more about what you stand a chance to win? Visit our webpage for more info https://entacore.com/electronics/aimusb.

Just over a month left in the Entacore AIM USB competition! Post your rocket pics for a chance to win an altimeter! Have one already? We don't mind if you enter - everybody is eligible to win.

I fly a version 2.0 unit and it's pretty nice. Survived a rocket malfunction where the apogee charge blew out the side of a very old thin walled rocket and it did a death dive from 3400'. Rocket didn't separate in two. The Aim 2 dutifully blew the main and a really cool zipper occurred, the sustainer shockcord broke then and the lonely little ebay came back by itself with the AIM 2.0 under a 6' parachute. Gentlest landing that ebay will ever have. The AIM 2.0 is fine.
Rocket was pushing 10 years old and was a single deploy originally and had a zipper. I then turned into dual deploy. I used a 34" long 38mm motor tube with 5 centering rings and the fincan is salvageable. Am going to reincarnate it again as a dual deploy again. I keep swearing I'm going to give up on 4" diameter thin-walled cardboard rockets but it's fun actually because everything has to work correctly. Period.

I know the failure sequence because I had a downward facing 720P camera recording everything. Kurt Savegnago

I fly a version 2.0 unit and it's pretty nice. Survived a rocket malfunction where the apogee charge blew out the side of a very old thin walled rocket and it did a death dive from 3400'. Rocket didn't separate in two. The Aim 2 dutifully blew the main and a really cool zipper occurred, the sustainer shockcord broke then and the lonely little ebay came back by itself with the AIM 2.0 under a 6' parachute. Gentlest landing that ebay will ever have. The AIM 2.0 is fine.
Rocket was pushing 10 years old and was a single deploy originally and had a zipper. I then turned into dual deploy. I used a 34" long 38mm motor tube with 5 centering rings and the fincan is salvageable. Am going to reincarnate it again as a dual deploy again. I keep swearing I'm going to give up on 4" diameter thin-walled cardboard rockets but it's fun actually because everything has to work correctly. Period.

I know the failure sequence because I had a downward facing 720P camera recording everything. Kurt Savegnago

Thank you for the comment - we're always happy to hear feedback! Be sure to post a pic of your rocket on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Entacore) for a chance to win an AIM USB :D

Back