L2 success, video and pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
My first Level 2 cert attempt was 2 months ago with my Madcow 4" Patriot. Main failed to open. I think I figured out why. I changed where I attached the main to the shock cord and gave it another go today. Slapped an Aerotech 38mm J270W DMS in my Wildman Interceptor AAD 98, turned the flight computers on, and here we go! Yes, I was a little happy when the main came out and opened, as I had to retire the Patriot because of the failure last time...

[video=youtube;gqOGnAzqXZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqOGnAzqXZE[/video]

With cert team:

Loading:

Loaded, with "Remove Before Flight" computer hold pins:

A shout out to Teddy at OneBadHawk recovery gear. The kevlar harnesses and motor tube anchor are made by him, and the green parachute was one he sold me.

Happy!

Landed:

Last edited:
And another shout out to Bill, AKA Worsaer, who sold me a 75-54mm motor adapter that I could stack with my 54-38mm adapter for this flight.

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP..............

Tony,,
Now that you're level 2 and all do we have to bow our heads down before you,,,,lol...

Tony I can not congratulate you enough...
Man,, good for you..
I know you were anxious before that flight ..
Good for you Tony,,
I am so happy for you ,,,
Congrats man...

Teddy

Thanks Guy. Your help has been invaluable.

And thanks again for all the gear, Teddy. Told you I'd use that 'chute.

Great job T, I remember your unfortunate report a couple months back. Great pic - beautiful skies, here is for more to come

I have plans. Those plans are at least a year out. Maybe more. I have a lot of tinkering to do between now and then. Still haven't broken mach or 1 mile yet. Hope to hit 1 mile this weekend.

Nice job! and congratulations.

What type and size is the green chute?

Back