Make It Take It Volunteers Needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for volunteers in the Dallas area for a make it take it event for the Boy Scouts, August 21-23, 11am-7pm.

There could be some free kits in it for you.

To answer some questions sent privately....

Where will this take place?
Irving Convention Center

Hours?
11am-7pm

What do you want from volunteers?
This is a make it take it event, volunteers would help scouts make it so they can take it. It being a rocket.

Would I be required to be nice to people?
I personally don't care but the event organizers might appreciate it.

Maybe some of you high power guys in the DFW area could join in on this and ease the pain from lost fields, burn bans and suicidal thoughts? The place is fully air conditioned and there should be lots of bored soccer moms wandering around. :wink:

https://www.familyadventurefest.com/index.html

I throw in a maybe. It takes me 6 hours to drive to Dallas, so I will need to look into a hotel. Since I work from the end of a cellphone, never know when the boss is going to call and I would have to leave.
Looks like something the family would be interested in, too bad the "had to have" the dogs, horses and birds. They will be staying home if I come up, gotta take care of the critters.

I had a grand time at the Estes Make It/Take It booth held at the Irving Convention Center today and made some new friends. You high power dudes just don't know what you're missing! :wink:

IMG_1112.jpg

Oh, and I got to hear about some of the interesting things in the works at the Big E but I have to play Sloppy Mo, which really isn't that hard for me.

[YOUTUBE]zKvhVssO348[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry fellas, I just couldn't bring myself to drive up there. I'm sure it would have been a great adventure. Y'all have fun!

I was able to get a few pics today but mostly I was running around like a madman.

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

And a lot of credit has to go to Sam Barone, Harry Spears, Ted Macklin, Tony Huet, Jason Unwin, Buzz McDermott and Kirk Wood who have volunteered their time to make the whole thing possible.

I'm sorry if I blew your cover. :facepalm:

I was trying to stay incognito. I didn't want those Estes guys falling all over me asking for insider secrets or business advice or design concepts, things like that. I really don't have time to coddle all these little garage operations.

I was trying to stay incognito. I didn't want those Estes guys falling all over me asking for insider secrets or business advice or design concepts, things like that. I really don't have time to coddle all these little garage operations.

Well it's too late for that...the squirrel is out of the bag. Now you'll have to relocate to Colorado in order to recover your anonymity. It's the downside of celebrity. Here's all my pics from Friday:

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
Well it's too late for that...the squirrel is out of the bag. Now you'll have to relocate to Colorado in order to recover your anonymity. It's the downside of celebrity. Here's all my pics from Friday:

You got my best side... Thanks Ted ! I always enjoy a good build session or 2.. or 200. I hope we see some of these rockets fly sometime down the road.

Back