AIRFEST CONTEST

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wildman Hobbies and Missile works have gotten together to sponsor a contest at Airfest this year.
Wildman Punisher kits with RRC3 altimeters . The rockets can be flown anytime throughout the weekend. They must be RSO's by one of the judges prior to flight at the Wildman Camp and turned into Jim from Missile Works directly after the flight at the Wildman Camp.
To start this contest off Wildman's and Missile Works are offering a special to entice you a little more, we are offering a Punisher kit along with a RRC3 altimeter for only $160 plus shipping.
The contest will end Sunday at high noon and the winner will be announced then if you are not present you can call to have it shipped. We may also have daily prizes dependent on the amount of participants.

There are 2 Classes

Stock Punishment
The Wildman Punisher kit stock with a 54 mm motor mount, highest altitude wins. Must remain stock length and fin size and shape.

Unlimited Punishment

The Wildman Punisher kit unlimited, highest altitude wins must retain stock fin size and shape everything else is open (single stage only)

Prizes so far
Gift certificate for a complete Missile Work Gps system as soon as they become available.
Gift certificate for a 4” Punisher
Remember if you plan on going over 25K you need to file for it with the Kloud Buster’s 30 days in advance.

Tim
Just Fly It
Wildman Hobbies
Wildman Rocketry

Proud member of
Chicago Rocket Mafia
QCRS
TWA
Woosh
Indiana Rocketry
Kloudbusters
Metra
MDRA

She ready and roaring to go...
Tim reserve me a CTI 6XL K300.
I be calling :flyingpig:

20150823_124735.jpg

20150823_124722.jpg

20150823_123408.jpg

Hey Tim, make sure to bring extra motor retainers, I need one, :dark:

Aeropac type

Here are the official results of the Airfest Punisher Contest:

Unlimited Class
17359' AGL / Jason Griffin. Jason flew a tail-cone modified Pink Punisher (Save the Ta-ta's) to the highest altitude of the weekend, and he qualifies to win a new Missile Works RTx GPS system.

Stock Class
16661' AGL / Jim Hendricksen. Jim flew his Punisher sustainer (with an extra pound of nose weight) to the second highest altitude of the weekend and he wins the 4" Punisher kit. Jim's flight was also an alpha test of the RTx GPS hardware that weekend.

We had 6 official contest flights, and 5 of the 6 Punishers were recovered for altitude verification. Here are all the flights as they occurred:

1. CJ Hendricksen / 16661' AGL
2. Aaron Newell / 15006' AGL
3. Jason Griffin / 17395' AGL
4. Tim Lehr / ?????
5. Don Ball / 15245' AGL
6. Mike McFadden / 14390' AGL

Thanks to all who participated and to all those that purchased this great kit and altimeter tandem, and thanks to "Wild Tim" for orchestrating the contest.

Man I can't believe the altitude everyone is getting with those Punisher's...
Flight after flight..

Jim I saw the new GPS your coming out with from Missile Works....
Way too slick... That thing is really cool...
You've got a fantastic tracking solution there,,, for sure...

Teddy

Once I saw the new red tube on the Punisher, I knew I would have to have one. Now I need to figure out how to cram in all the stuff CJ managed to put on his sled. Hope that new Missleworks GPS comes out soon, I gotta have one of those!

Unlimited Class
17359' AGL / Jason Griffin. Jason flew a tail-cone modified Pink Punisher (Save the Ta-ta's) to the highest altitude of the weekend, and he qualifies to win a new Missile Works RTx GPS system.

And since Jason flew a CTI (Pro54-6GXL L935 Imax) motor, he also won the $200 CTI gift certificate!

Jeroen

Here are the official results of the Airfest Punisher Contest:

Unlimited Class

Stock Class
16661' AGL / Jim Hendricksen. Jim flew his Punisher sustainer (with an extra pound of nose weight) to the second highest altitude of the weekend and he wins the 4" Punisher kit. Jim's flight was also an alpha test of the RTx GPS hardware that weekend.

We had 6 official contest flights, and 5 of the 6 Punishers were recovered for altitude verification. Here are all the flights as they occurred:

1. CJ Hendricksen / 16661' AGL
2. Aaron Newell / 15006' AGL
3. Jason Griffin / 17395' AGL
4. Tim Lehr / ?????
5. Don Ball / 15245' AGL
6. Mike McFadden / 14390' AGL

Thanks to all who participated and to all those that purchased this great kit and altimeter tandem, and thanks to "Wild Tim" for orchestrating the contest.
We did have another entrant, Bill Good. but it didn't end well.
75-6000 load unlimited. he got the body tube back "less fins":facepalm:

Once I saw the new red tube on the Punisher, I knew I would have to have one. Now I need to figure out how to cram in all the stuff CJ managed to put on his sled. Hope that new Missleworks GPS comes out soon, I gotta have one of those!
Wayne, when you open it, see if you got one of Tim's "bonus" AvBays. I think as designed is 6" but some of us <cough-cough> got AvBays that are a little longer. There's no harm making it extend into the booster section a little further. The extra 1" I got makes lots of room to slosh around in. Also, and although CJ didn't do it, on mine I offset a pair of sled rail holes (1/4" or #10 all-thread) from the centerline. That helps a little, too. Still plenty of room for batteries on the bottom and clear for electronics on top.

Jason and I are waiting on YELLOW airframe tubing. Hello Tim, YELLOW!!!

--Lance.

Last edited:
Wayne, when you open it, see if you got one of Tim's "bonus" AvBays. I think as designed is 6" but some of us <cough-cough> got AvBays that are a little longer. There's no harm making it extend into the booster section a little further. The extra 1" I got makes lots of room to slosh around in. Also, and although CJ didn't do it, on mine I offset a pair of sled rail holes (1/4" or #10 all-thread) from the centerline. That helps a little, too. Still plenty of room for batteries on the bottom and clear for electronics on top.

Jason and I are waiting on YELLOW airframe tubing. Hello Tim, YELLOW!!!

--Lance.

Wait! YELLOW!!!!!!

Tim, pleeeaaaasssseeeeeee.........

Congrats to Jason and CJ for great flights. I cant wait to get my new red Punisher built.

I think Jason might have cornered the market on yellow and black rockets.

Back