One Bad Hawk-One Great Harness Review

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerJones

Reaction score
This review is intended for those of you unfamiliar with Teddys work. Being in need of a Y harness for my new 4" FG project using dual motor mount attachment points I wasn't sure that I would be able to find exactly what I wanted. I decided to try Teddy at OneBadHawk because I know he does custom work, I have a few of his 3 loop nylon harness and was impressed with the quality. Well that turned out to be a good decision, Ted was extremely helpful on deciding what materials would be best for my 12 pound rocket. After multiple emails back and forth ensuring that I was completely happy, we decided on a harness design and it was at my door in a few days. I can't overstate how impressed I am with the quality and workmanship that went into this, I highly recommend. Thanks again Teddy!

onebadhawk.com

20150802_145547.jpg

20150810_151714.jpg

Wow,,
Thank you so much Jeff...
Man if I could do anything to give back a bit
I make it so that you all know what it's like to inadvertently stumble across a thread like this...
I just love to help to begin with,, but when I read this it just makes everything worthwhile...

Thank you so much man,,
This is so nice to read...
If I can help,,, just holler,,,,lol...

Teddy

Teddy, can this be done for that project I showed you a while back? I like the two lines instead of the sewn single line. Something light for my 3-4lb rocket but not that really thin flat stuff?

Sure Jarrett,,
Actually I have 2 materials I would recommend for that..
Send me an email at the sales address we'll jive out enough to be certain that I have some to show you at the next METRA launch..

Teddy

Looking at the pics and thinking about some of my rockets, did you check the fit of those eyebolts and quicklinks with the BT in place? It looks like a tight fit and the quicklinks may not be removable. You may have to have them installed before the BT goes on.

Looking at the pics and thinking about some of my rockets, did you check the fit of those eyebolts and quicklinks with the BT in place? It looks like a tight fit and the quicklinks may not be removable. You may have to have them installed before the BT goes on.

Yes your right, it is a very tight fit inside the BT. I had to mount up everything before installing and they are not going to be removable unless I cut open the tube. Looking back there is probably a better way to do this, those eye bolts are really too big requiring big links that leave me no room.

This is actually not that tight of a fit guys...
With the harness attached directly to the eye it is possible to get tighter then by any other method...
Handeman,, as usual you are 100% correct and that was a very impressive catch......
If you look at my site I have a 3/16" welded eye that I permanently attach the 11/32" Tubular Kevlar to
so you can put this eye on the top centering ring on a 54 mm mount in a 3" airframe...
That's tight,, if you try to put a quick link on that eye you can't get a 54 mm case up past the quick link..
You can if the 11/32" Tubular Kevlar is attached directly to the eye.....
Exact same situation with a 1/4" eye on a 75 mm mount in a 4" airframe...
It is for this reason that I make extremely short pieces of harness that are permanently attached to the eye on one side ,,
a loop on the other side,, and I make this so short so that it will not reach out of the booster...
You attach a harness to it,, then when something has to wear,,
the easily replaceable harness wears and not the difficult to replace shorty that was built into the rocket......

What you are looking at in Jeff's rocket is a 54 mm mount in a 4" airframe.........

Should fit.........

Teddy

The problem with this being tight has nothing to do with the harness, I have plenty of room for that. The problem is the eye bolts I used are too big and thick which made me have to use a larger D link. I should have just used smaller ones but I had these laying around. Live and learn.

Received an order recently from OneBadHawk, I must say his post support is as though its his very first sale. Appreciate the exceptional customer service and follow up Teddy!
Awesome product and great service!

Received an order recently from OneBadHawk, I must say his post support is as though its his very first sale. Appreciate the exceptional customer service and follow up Teddy!
Awesome product and great service!

Heyy,, thank you very much,, anytime man,, you know that...
Let me know if I can help...

Teddy

Back