• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Extendable remote HP launch controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
I'm looking to procure a remote high power launch controller that can be extended with RJ14 or CAT-5 cable. I could build my own, but I'd rather buy one at this point. I've used some scrap steel I've got to weld up a HP launch pad, just need a controller now. :grin: If you've got one, shoot me a PM with pics and what you'd like to get for it. Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:
I do not know if you are interested in hybrids but here is a video of the prototype I made for hybrids. [video=youtube;ka6EpxNi-YE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6EpxNi-YE[/video] It includes features for hybrids such as an integral vent sensor and solenoid saver circuitry and will be available in about a month. With cat 5e cable for solids you could have a system that could hook up to several rockets with LCO continuity checks for each or seven without LCO continuity checks. One thing I can do for you is post a simple schematic if you wanted to build your own.

Not looking to do hybrids, but that is a mighty nice setup there, Karl. If you would send me a schematic for solids, that would be appreciated. I may end up building my own.

Here is a basic launch control schematic. Note that some items are optional like continuity check piezo buzzer and led. Make sure you use continuous buzzer piezos and not just speakers. I forgot to label the igniter leads which are in the lower right corner.

basic launch control.png

Last edited:
My NAR chapter president is going to build one for me! Sometimes it is good to be the new blood.

Back