Altus Metrum AltOs and Win 10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walldiver7

Reaction score
Anyone out there had success at downloading AltOs to their Win 10 machines? The Altus Metrum Win installer works without any problems, but after the install clicking on the icon does nothing. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Can't find where to delete my post! It turned out to be a Java problem. Solved.

Glad you figured it out; we've had a heck of a time making the java detection stuff work right on more than a few machines at a time.

All I did was uninstall my first Java download, reinstall.. making sure I went all the way through to the verification screen. It worked then.... but I haven't tested yet to see if it will recognize the dongle. Now, my Google Earth seems to be crashing in every session that I open. The pain of a new OS!

Glad you figured it out; we've had a heck of a time making the java detection stuff work right on more than a few machines at a time.

Ben running AltOS on my Win10 laptop for about a week with no problems. Just worked right after the upgrade from 8.1 to 10. However I did notice the file types weren't properly registered (might have been like that before the upgrade). Then I noticed I was behind one AltOS release so I just ran the install for the latest rev and everything works just fine. Was the smoothest AltOS install.

Awesome! Thanks for the report. I spent a bunch of time fixing the file associations in the latest AltOS release, creating a launcher program instead of attempting to run Java directly. Really glad it seems to have resolve the file association problems even on Win10.

Latest posts

Back