Viability of CTI Hypertek

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlbaum

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone knows the viability of Hypertek motors. What I would like to know is if CTI is still manufacturing them and what the availability is of Hypertek products.

We have a dealer and report they are still making reloads and parts. They did discontinue some support elements.

Hey Karl,

I've had no problems getting grains or stems from them in the last year. Sure hope all is planned to be good for the foreseeable future!

Jason

Thank you Jason I think that is what I was looking for. Because the hybrid market is a puny market inside a tiny hobby rocket market companies came and went and I wanted to find out if Hypertek still had support.

Puny as it is, I would think that CTI could do a little something to spice up the HyperTEK line... a new grain flavor maybe... If anyone could afford a way to re-vitalize the small hybrid market, it would be HyperTEK/CTI. If the market were better than it is right now, I would like to have seen a mini 38mm line of HyperTEK motors (not feasible now of course).

I believe any CTI dealer can access HyperTEK parts. At least up here they can. Not like there is a major run on hybrid gear these days. Ask whom ever as far as a dealer goes and I'm sure they can order whatever in.

One thing I'd like to be able to get separate is the collar that the tie straps go to. I seem to break them fairly regular and I have to get a complete stem to get one. :(

I've been kind of hoping Jeroen would chime in here about the HyperTEK line. My gut feeling is that they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Jason

Back