Remote epoxy injection tool

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckH

Reaction score
On my latest build (5" diameter HV Arcas) I needed a way to apply epoxy to the top of the upper motor mount centering ring. I know some people drill a hole in the airframe and inject the epoxy that way, but I'm not a fan of that. There is about 3 feet from the top of the motor mount to the top of the booster so reaching inside with a syringe wasn't going to work. That got me thinking about a way to hold and operate a syringe remotely, and this is what I came up with:

IMG_0301.jpgIMG_0320.jpg

10 ml syringes fit nicely into the eyebolts. The forward eyebolt is rotated to keep the syringe from moving around. The second and third eyebolts are spaced so a fully loaded syringe is easy to put in place. Screws in both ends of the plunger dowel keep it from falling out at inopportune times.

IMG_0319.jpg

The rocket is horizontal for the picture only; it was vertical when the epoxy was being applied.

IMG_0347.jpg

I did a couple of dry runs to get my technique down and then loaded the syringe with epoxy amended with high density filler. I was very pleased with how it worked and will be using it again in the future. I hope others find this useful.

:clap:

I like it. I may blatantly copy you next time I am in need of a "SYRINGEMATIC 3000".

Very nice. I'll have to keep that design in mind for long body tubes.

Back