MAP level 2 - payload option

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Oddity

Reaction score
I'm addressing this question to UKRA and in particular any EARS members that may like to comment because that's where we will launch our rocket.

MAP level 2. The egg launch option. This is actually a serious question.

What is the specification for the egg?

Presumably from a chicken, not a duck, quail, or pigeon?
Raw, not hard boiled.
Can we bring our own egg? Free range with plenty of shell and not from Tesco's. Our chickens will be pleased to contribute. You can of course examine it afterwards if you wish and are welcome to add it to breakfast.

The serious question is what are the rules? Without any we'll probably go for the "cluster rocket" option. I am also assuming that the MAP scheme is still open with UKRA and with available participation at EARS?

Would appreciate a speedy reply so that we can design, build and fly within this year's flying programme.

Thanks,

SO.

I have a feeling that only Ostrich eggs can be used.
Seriously though, it's just a raw chicken egg from any source.

Simon,

Many thanks,

I assure you that was a serious question. An egg may be a more reliable option to a cluster.

In the event of failure during early flight I wonder if the ejection charge is hot enough to cook it on the way down? Adequate compensation for failure.

SO.

Back