Dr rockets cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with the "red" cases? I have a couple red Dr. Rocket cases that have never been used. Bought them n the 90s, then the high power project had to be put on hold. When I got back into it, I bought CTI cases.

The 38/480 is holding dog barf in my daughters 4-H project at the State Fair. The other one is 38 but I'm not sure of the length at the moment.

Nothing is "with them" some people just like to keep all their cases to match in color.

Nothing is "with them" some people just like to keep all their cases to match in color.

+5 :wink:
Yup. I had a full set of 54mm from the 360 on up to the 2560 all red. This was before the 427 case came out. My 427 case is blue. Now my 2560 case will be either blue (from Tim), black (from Tim), or red (from Jim and I'll give him a blue or black one. :cool: ) I've only had one other black non hobby case until last weekend when Tim made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a 75/1280 and 2560 set of cases. My first 54/427 case was black. If you find it on the north side of the runway at Bong, it's yours. Its got my name and NAR # on it (I gave up looking for it four years ago.) No, I don't think I would have found it if it was red or blue. Finding anything at Bong in the weeds is pretty tough.
Mainly I just like the Dr rocket cases. Back when Dr Rocket was in business, he would custom engrave your cases for $2.00 a line. My name and NAR # ia on all my red cases. He would even do cases you bought from dealers. My buddy stopped by his place and had them done while he waited! During this same time period, the AT high power cases had sticky labels for identification, and after the first flight, your case was stuck in the motor mount because the label got soft and stuck to the motor tube. Then Rouse Tech started making cases. Pretty blue, but no custom engraving. :(
Now AT is back making the cases themselves, and they are laser etching the labels like Dr Rocket and Rouse Tech, but still no custom engraving/etching. :(
Oh well. At least there are still cases to buy... And reloads!

Adrian

The red cases don't do much for me, but the blue Millennium.... That's another story. Anyone have any? I'll trade ya.

Go fish, Jim. But I've got a green LDRS 17 38/600 case

I have a 852-1706 set of red, but they have someone's name and phone number etched into them. Don't ask me who, they are home and I'm not. Looking to sell or trade if someone interested.

It was limited for the launch....I guess so!! Makes it worth millions!!!!!

I got my 852-2560 Millennium set from the Doctor himself at LDRS 19 in Orangeburg. Matching numbers 005!

I've got a 38/720 Green LDRS 17 case , 17/20, complete with green open fwd closure. Never occurred to me to look at the serial number before. Cool!

I had a 38/240-480 green LDRS set. LDRS 17 was the first big launch I attended.

Decipher that serial number please. 6 of only 20 made? Really?

I would guess its the 20th case made on the 6th day of July 1998, or maybe its the 6th case made on the 20th of July, just a guess on my part. That might make it easier on the manufacturer to locate the machine/person who made the case.

Limited edition sets are cool, but usually by a big launch I've already blown all my rocketry cash on motors for the event (or beer.....mostly on beer).

I wouldn't mind seeing a good limited edition set for no reason. Those blue and purple sets rock.

Limited edition sets are cool, but usually by a big launch I've already blown all my rocketry cash on motors for the event (or beer.....mostly on beer).

Priorities, right? :wink:

Never understood why it matters if they all match. Especially when they stay in a toolbox for security most of the day until you slide it your rocket. If you want to put them all out for display, sooner or later, one will walk away!

I have a 54mm 852/1706 set engraved for LDRS19 with Bruce Kelly's name and TRA number as the serial number.
They are blotchy red and black, I bought them from Bruce.

M

The red cases don't do much for me, but the blue Millennium.... That's another story. Anyone have any? I'll trade ya.

LOVE the blue Millennium ones...and the desert fire ones aren't bad either...

Back