Any Fans Of The Bugatti Veyron?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought they were ugly, underpowered (given that they have 16 cylinders and FOUR TURBOS), and wayyy overhyped. However, last weekend, I got a chance to see three of them in person, and two of them go flat out on a closed stretch of Idaho highway. My mind was certainly changed on these things. I still do think they're unattractive, and the prices (along with the running costs) are absolutely ludicrous, but they are definitely impressive in real life. They sound like jets going by!

Here's my video of them at the event:
[YOUTUBE]X3XCf8CymdI[/YOUTUBE]

Braden

Not ugly, not underpowered, and really stunning pieces of engineering. An amazing mobile even if ludicrously expensive.

Not ugly, not underpowered, and really stunning pieces of engineering. An amazing mobile even if ludicrously expensive.

definitely +1 to everything except the Not Ugly part, I just don't find them attractive, of course i'm biased since I live within 7 miles of SSC the car that Bugatti had to beat to take back the fastest production car title.https://www.sscnorthamerica.com/

I think its bad ass, and I could do without the ugly ring grill. But I love the technology !!!

Honestly, I love the look of the thing! It's an amazing car with a not so amazing price tag. :/

Not four wheel drive, no ground clearance for logging trails and where do I put the deer?

No not really a fan...

get the hatchback, it holds more stuff

honda_civic_bugatti_veyron_civron.e7caqxn1t3wwkog4o0cg8oook.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

I always thought they were ugly, underpowered (given that they have 16 cylinders and FOUR TURBOS), and wayyy overhyped. However, last weekend, I got a chance to see three of them in person, and two of them go flat out on a closed stretch of Idaho highway. My mind was certainly changed on these things. I still do think they're unattractive, and the prices (along with the running costs) are absolutely ludicrous, but they are definitely impressive in real life. They sound like jets going by!

Here's my video of them at the event:
[YOUTUBE]X3XCf8CymdI[/YOUTUBE]

Braden
I've been very impressed by it on Top Gear back before Jeremy Clarkson pulled his stupid stunt and got the most widely watched factual TV program in the world cancelled.

1400 Horsepower is nothing considering 16 cylinders and four turbos.

The Koenigsegg One:1 has a twin turbo V8 and puts out 1400 horsepower. Half the cylinders, half the turbos, same amount of power :wink:

Braden

The Koenigsegg is a hell of a machine. I wonder though about durability.

Don't they have to send the car back to the factory to have new tires put on after a few runs at 200+mph? I guess if you can afford a $1m car it's not that big of a deal... I think it's cool although not really to my taste.

Don't they have to send the car back to the factory to have new tires put on after a few runs at 200+mph? I guess if you can afford a $1m car it's not that big of a deal... I think it's cool although not really to my taste.

Tires do not last long at those speeds. I think it is about $20k for a tire change.

Tires do not last long at those speeds. I think it is about $20k for a tire change.

I was told that it's $25,000 for the tires, plus $70,000 to send the car to France and back to have it done. I was also told the tires are to be changed every 2,500 miles.

$95,000 every 2,500 miles.

Insane.

Braden

I was going to order one with no paint and just exposed carbon fiber, only like another $100K for that option, but then I saw all those Black Friday model rocket sales and that blew the budget.

1400 Horsepower is nothing considering 16 cylinders and four turbos.

The Koenigsegg One:1 has a twin turbo V8 and puts out 1400 horsepower. Half the cylinders, half the turbos, same amount of power :wink:

Braden
Yes, but Koenigsegg made only SIX copies. You can do a lot of tweaking with only 6 copies of anything. Pushing the materials that hard in the engines, I wonder how long they will last. For that kind of money (oh my pockets are about to rip because they are overflowing) I would like to have it last more than a year. LOL

Back