My MDRM...a slow build...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonathanOtt

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Jon Ott here...long time lurker, new member (joined 13 June, 2015).

I have a NIP MDRM for sale in the Yard Sale section, but I have my MDRM that I've built (started it in May, 2014 (I know...).

Anyway, I started the build, got mobilized to Ft. Hood, TX for a year, and I just got back home. Once I get fully moved in and my wife and I get used to being around eachother again, I'll get back to finishing this guy off.

I'm posting a couple pics. Nothing special. I wish I took pics during the build, but in hindsight I remember thinking that this was a popular model and build threads were likely done over and over, so I didn't do it.

I need to finish filling and sanding, mount the lugs, second prime, sand, paint and decal out.

He's my introductory model into MPR. (What have I done?!)

I also fly R/C heli's and giant scale fixed wing...my wife is not entrely happy with me sometimes :wink:

So, here's my Max, with it's little sibling (regular LPR DRM).

Jon

20150729_080402.jpg

20150729_080422.jpg

20150729_080538.jpg

Last edited:
I scratch built one and have a DMRM kit to build.I have the mini and regular size kit.Really like this rocket.Very nice flier.

Finish it and fly it...you won't regret it! :)

This is one of my favorite rockets for looks, value, build, durability, flight, wow factor and general popularity. Just leave it in your living room and non-rocket head guests are sure to be wowed. Mine flew very well on an Aerotech G64 reload, so it's a great intro to reloads when you're ready.

Some tips:
-If you're going with the original decals, I'd suggest cutting the biggest skull band decal in half and applying one half at a time.
-Filling the fins are optional, but I did it and found it very easy since it is such a wide and flat surface. Filler goes on so easy and sands so easy. Easiest fill and sand job I've had yet. Boy, I hate sanding, but I didn't mind it for the fins.
-If your wife is upset with your hobbies, just tell her it's better than spending money at the bars or gambling (this works even if you go to bars and gamble). ;)

Best luck to you on your build!

Welcome Jon, fellow Hoosier?
There is a club in Muncie and Indiana Rocketry in Lafayette. Keep them and come fly them!
Look forward to the build, I should buy your other one because I want one!

Welcome Jon, fellow Hoosier?
There is a club in Muncie and Indiana Rocketry in Lafayette. Keep them and come fly them!
Look forward to the build, I should buy your other one because I want one!

Great looking build. Like fine wine and bourbon the best take a little time before they are ready to go. :)

If you live near the Indiana, Kentucky border and are looking for a place to fly, the Bluegrass Rocketry Society has a launch in Elizabethtown, KY near Ft. Knox every second Saturday of the month. Their website is https://www.kyrocketry.com/

I joined last month to launch my MDRM on a G80, they are a neat group of guys.
Thanks
Joe

Back