It's 3:13 AM, and outside is still hotter than inside...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHAHAHAHA! You're so funny! It's 90° and 45% humidity here. Might drop another degree or two before the sun comes up.

I'll take your 45% and raise you 30. Although the temp is still just 75, we will be looking at 90+ this afternoon. Thankfully, the humidity is staying relatively low right now. I'm just glad that I don't live on the coast.

I'll call that a push.

heat_index-sm.png

I'm enjoying it, we got a 10' above ground pool, I was sitting out in the pool at 9-10 last night, I could see the stars come out, hear the frogs or crickets, it was really calm and pleasant....

Frank

Seattle hit the hottest temperature ever recorded yesterday. I moved here from albuquerque hoping to avoid this kind of heat...

Not sure where you got that. We've seen over 100 degrees in the Seattle area - 103 on July 29th, 2009. But yeah, it's been cooler in Albuquerque the last few days than it is here.

Not sure where you got that. We've seen over 100 degrees in the Seattle area - 103 on July 29th, 2009. But yeah, it's been cooler in Albuquerque the last few days than it is here.
Let this be a lesson to check my sources.

Well.... it has been a really unusually hot late spring and summer so far. Further, for those who are natives or have been here a long time (my wife and I are ex-patriate New Mexicans with family there but who have been here since January of 1979, and our five kids were all born here) once it gets above about 80 all perspective seems to get lost :)...so I can see how you might have been told that.

Well.... it has been a really unusually hot late spring and summer so far. Further, for those who are natives or have been here a long time (my wife and I are ex-patriate New Mexicans with family there but who have been here since January of 1979, and our five kids were all born here) once it gets above about 80 all perspective seems to get lost :)...so I can see how you might have been told that.
I am a little bemused by how many seattlites are former new mexcicans... It definitely seems to be A Thing.

EDIT: and still I have yet to find a good mexican restaurant here, to say nothing of good New Mexican... apart from that one food truck in front of the Home Depot.

EDIT: and still I have yet to find a good mexican restaurant here, to say nothing of good New Mexican... apart from that one food truck in front of the Home Depot.

True. There is the Santa Fe Cafe on Phinney Avenue though we haven't been there in several years. Every time we go back to visit family green chile is very high on the agenda.

Which Home Depot :) ?

I always liked Jalisco...there used to be one on capitol hill and one on queen anne, but now the only one I know is in South Park...I don't know if there is any authenticity but I always really liked their fajita, enchilada jalisco, and deep fried ice cream:)

Frank

I am a little bemused by how many seattlites are former new mexcicans... It definitely seems to be A Thing.

True. There is the Santa Fe Cafe on Phinney Avenue though we haven't been there in several years. Every time we go back to visit family green chile is very high on the agenda.

Which Home Depot :) ?
Home Depot on Aurora and 115th. https://www.elcamionseattle.com/

I heard that the Santa Fe Cafe closed.

burkfj, I'll see if I can give Jalisco a shot.

*sigh* You're right - it looks as if the Santa Fe Cafe closed on 1/1/15. Drat.

115th and Aurora, eh? I don't get that far north very often (live in Auburn, work in Renton).

A quick look at Frank's suggestion yields very mixed info. Might be worth looking into and not far from the Museum of Flight.....

Yes, you can take the new bridge over to the south park Jalisco from the east marginal side...See what you think...

*sigh* You're right - it looks as if the Santa Fe Cafe closed on 1/1/15. Drat.

115th and Aurora, eh? I don't get that far north very often (live in Auburn, work in Renton).

A quick look at Frank's suggestion yields very mixed info. Might be worth looking into and not far from the Museum of Flight.....

Back