Enough is Enough

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meant as a rediculous statement to show how silly it is to me that people are claiming we should be paying for this site. I'm down with adverts, those are fine, just don't nuke the place with them. People gotta eat. But I'm not in for paying for a forum as a requirement for access. If I was going to do that, there would have to be professionals adding content to that site, not just members.

I have no problem with the ads. that's all fine.

But if the owners want to be paid for infrastructure, I want to be paid for the content I add to the site, variable to page views and rankings.. Only fair right?

The idea that non-paying members are scabbing along is BS when the owners add no content of their own.

If you want to be paid, go write a book. Self publish if you must and see what you get in return. What one posts here is entirely voluntary. You don't have to "add value" if you don't want to. Kurt

5230b84de691b237277d6b72_736.jpg

My thoughts in a VERY TINY nutshell...

Things change. Ads are a part of life on the web. People move on when they get butthurt. Others decide the internet is a place to insert their opinion wherever they darn well please as they are protected by a (sometimes thin) veil of anonymity. It's up to us to filter out the chaff we don't care about and continue to help those that want to be helped. I'll agree there is a wealth of knowledge on this site...always has been, and it's not going anywhere. I'll also agree that many great contributors have flown to the four winds. Nothing we can do about that except encourage them to give it another try when we see them. If you think about it, this forum isn't much different than what happens in the clubs (rocket clubs...not night clubs...though I guess we could extrapolate the model to those too...scenery might be a bit better!). Life gets in the way, people move on, some come back when time/money/life permits. We see some people parked on the flight line, and we ignore the fact that they are in a primo spot with open space right next to them, and we park farther down the flight line to avoid that person. We park further down the flight line to intentionally be closer to someone else. (in TRF terms, we ignore some threads, and go out of our way to comment on others). Honestly - this is a HOBBY, people...it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Damn..this was longer than I wanted it to be...

That's what SHE said...

They hang out in their newly conquered territory...kinda like the bullies that kick people out of their seats at coffee houses or cafeterias.

I apologize.
When I'm in pain I get mean.
I hope no one, including the Mod's or the owner take offense to my personal problems.
btw, most of my OP was ment to be political.
I would love to ride the world of those that take advantage of the minority.
Less than they make...

Ohh, no problem at all Woody...
It sure is nice to have you back....

Teddy

lol,,,lol...
Not necessary Woody....
It's always nice to read your posts...

Teddy

Back