Balsa Machining Service? Are they still in business?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i sure hope so. I placed an order last week and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

They are currently at NARAM 57 with a trailer full of goodies, so I'm guessing they're still operational ;)

The website is a bit wonky, especially in IE or on anything mobile. But I had no trouble placing a pre-order a couple weeks back that I picked up in person.

Yep, still in business as I just bought a full length 6 inch Blue Tube coupler tube from him today at NARAM here in Tucson. I will mention the issues with the web site to him tomorrow at the launch site.

Last edited:
Yep they are. Important thing to remember is they ship fairly quickly, so if you need something added to a order do it the day you order it.

Is it Mary? Anyway, she told me a few weeks back that the site is getting a full rework soon. They're going to change the link style, update some info and hopefully make it mobile compatible. From my iPhone I can barely navigate anything on the site.

Are they down again?

Just talked to Mary Ann today and they are still in business, they may or maynot be aware the website is or was down.
Edit: Thhis thread really needs to be locked, as the original question has been answered an no longer applies.

Last edited:
If they are not, I just want to mention that they are the best vendor I've ever dealt with, bar none, so ya'll need to get your butts in gear and place some orders for some scratch-building stuff!

Sorry other vendors, you are all great too, but these folks somehow find a way for my parts to make it to me in a speed I can't even mention for fear of risking a good thing, and orders are ALWAYS packed with care and arrive intact via USPS.
I won't buy from those that use OOPS, AKA U.P.S., and they could never get me that size package for that price anyhow, so my money always goes to BMS.!!!!

If they are not, I just want to mention that they are the best vendor I've ever dealt with, bar none, so ya'll need to get your butts in gear and place some orders for some scratch-building stuff!

Sorry other vendors, you are all great too, but these folks somehow find a way for my parts to make it to me in a speed I can't even mention for fear of risking a good thing, and orders are ALWAYS packed with care and arrive intact via USPS.
I won't buy from those that use OOPS, AKA U.P.S., and they could never get me that size package for that price anyhow, so my money always goes to BMS.!!!!

To add to what Top said, 2.5 weeks ago I ordered a bunch of parts from BMS on a Friday, due to the holiday they shipped the following Tuesday via FedEx, I tracked the package to within 4 hours of where I live and then it disappeared. I contacted FedEx and put a trace on the package when it didn't arrive by its due date and the tracking had not been updated, FedEx replied that they couldn't locate it either but that 14 days had to expire before a lost claim could be put on it and the shipment replaced. I contacted Bill and MaryAnn via email notified them of the situation and they said that as soon as the shipment was declared lost by FedEx officially another shipment would be sent immediately. True to their word (BMS) on the 24th FedEx admitted they had lost the shipment, on the 25th I received a notification email that the replacement shipment was on its way via USPS this time, the package arrived yesterday. On Wednesday (26th) I got a call from MaryAnn saying that guess what? FedEx had found the shipment and it would be delivered that afternoon, since the second shipment was only a day out (yes USPS Priority took the package from Pahrump, NV to Pasco, WA in 2 business days!), as long as the FedEx shipment was unopened they would return it to BMS free of charge. I can't say enough good things about the kind of service that the Saindon's provide for our community.

They were perfect for me when I was rapidly scratch biulding, and if they ever stop being a rocketry vendor, I just have to start rolling my own tubes.
I'm only up to MPR, but have a good grasp on composites, so I'de rather roll my own than order easytubes from any who's overcharging and slow to get me the goods.

Bill Saindon aka "Balsa Bill" owner of Balsa Machining Service is an exceptional vendor and deserving of praise. He almost always get the merchandise "out-the-door" on the same day you placed the order. This is the biggest key to his magically quick delivery service.

He also offers discounted Aerotech motors on a monthly "pre-order" basis.

He has moved from Illinois to Arizona, which adds an extra delivery day for me in Wisconsin.

Web site back up now. BMS is always a pleasure to deal with. If you go to any NARAM you can buy from him in person as he attends them all.

Is it Mary?

I know that I am replying to an old post, but .... I think think it's neat that "BMS" could be an abbreviation for "Bill and Mary Saindon" as well as "Balsa Machining Service." I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

-- Roger

It is working for me...

Incidentally, I was in the LHS yesterday, and noticed that they now carry BMS tubes in several sizes, in the 34" lengths. No cones, but at least the tubing is available locally.

Last edited:
It is working for me...

Incidentally, I was in the LHS yesterday, and noticed that they now carry BMS tubes in several sizes, in the 34" lengths. No cones, but at least the tubing is available locally.

Ooh... Which LHS? I may need a side trip next time I'm in Rochester...

It is working for me...

Ooh... Which LHS? I may need a side trip next time I'm in Rochester...

Well, that is a nice find for you upstaters, maybe worth this bogus thread re-animation.

Just talked to Mary Ann today and they are still in business, they may or maynot be aware the website is or was down.
Edit: This thread really needs to be locked, as the original question has been answered an no longer applies.

I'll add a big +1 to this comment. Website down threads almost always mean a slow day on the old forum.

Last edited:
I find about 1 out of 5 times I try their site it is down or unable to connect, typically it's back the same day or next day.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back