Excelsiorrocketry.com down? I need decals!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that anyone is saying he's washed up, but he is out of the decal printing business from everything that we've seen and heard. Not all of us frequent YORF, so if he doesn't come here anymore, not everyone will be up on the latest details. Do you have a link, or should we just attempt to browse until we find what you're referring to?

Here is the thread started 29 July 2015 concerning the domain name hijacking: https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=15277

He posted this message in another thread on July 11th:

"While I am looking for an upgrade to an ink jet or laser jet printer, (probably a laser jet), for the every day stuff I managed to procure another operational Alps printer from Tim Van Milligan at Apogee.

Thanks a whole bunch to Tim.
This guy is a class act all around.

While I will be printing I will only list the decals I have pre printed, not everything will be available.

I will be printing the most popular and most asked for decals, I won't be printing everything just yet.

Keep checking my web site or email me at

gagnello (at) yahoo dot com

Cruising by YORF every now and then is pretty painless. Just another window into the model rocket world.

Last edited:
Well, that's good news at least - assuming it pans out. When I spoke with Gord at the beginning of the month, it sound like he was pretty much done with it.

Well, that's good news at least - assuming it pans out. When I spoke with Gord at the beginning of the month, it sound like he was pretty much done with it.

Yeah, you're right. Quite a dynamic situation for Mr. Agnello. A "stay tuned" kinda thing. I also hope things work out for the best.

For info on Sandman/Gordy read THIS

Haha! Well, that explains it. Gotta pay those domain renewals!

Same thing happened to the Washington Post a while ago. Wash Post domain lapsed. Some guy renewed the domain for like 5 bucks 15 minutes after it expired then re-sold it to The Washington post for like 5 million.

Tango Papa was mentioned in an earlier post. I have used his decals, and been very happy with them. I have not bought any in 5+ years, and was actually looking at his website today. I was wondering if he was still selling, since the site had not been updated in several years. At the time I ordered, he was also doing custom decals. I ordered a set of upscaled Orbital Transport decals for a BT-60 based project (built, not painted yet). And one thing he supplied that was pretty cool was a custom OT decal in green, instead of the standard red (shown next to the upscaled OT):

Tango Papa (Tom Prestia) lists a lot of decals on his site, and if he still has all, even many of them, this is excellent news. I also have used Excelsior Rocketry decals and hope Gordon (sandman) can keep a printer running to supply decals which are not currently in stock.

I chatted through email today with Gordo. He is getting the Domain Name fiasco figured out. He states he is still making decals and of course machined parts for our wonderful hobby. Gordo has made parts for me over the last 7 years and decals on numerous other occasions. He will continue. I can only recommend we continue to patronize his business.

Personally I would take the opportunity to change the name of the site to something that more reflects the services he provides. Something like "Sandmans Custom Rocket Parts" so a google search will find the site. I fly some of his custom nosecones which are masterpieces.

Back