Purdy sod farm launch August 15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
it's that time again boys and girls. The next Purdy Sod farm launch is Saturday August 15th. Rain or Shine (i would prefer shine). Big recovery area lots of friendly folks and if you are new to the hobby or segment there is lots of people willing to share there knowledge. I may bring out the PML patriot, not seen since the last Tunderstruck. Maybe a cluster to wake up the critters.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook

I hope to be there to check out that cluster!

Hopefully to see Vic's L1 flight huh Vic?

And maybe last flight on my now shortened Super Batray before we go DD

Dang it is the 16th. Not sure if I will be there all day may be a couple hours then head north east not sure yet...

Well I hope to see you. Otherwise, I may have to place an order on your July special on shipping. Seems silly to do that on a handful of phenolic tubing though when I can just see you at Purdy.

I dunno about the monsoons, but I am concerned about traffic snarls around Lafayette with I-65 shut down and everyone be rerouted down 231.

Hi Bob, going to try and make it to see Vic's L1 what time does launch actually start? I have to leave early to make some
Prior commitments but will try and come with rockets ready to light

Starts at 10:00 till when folks run out of propellant (not if I can help it). Glad you are able to make it. Havent seen you since LDRS.
And Justin and Tom I have your stuff pulled and will be loaded tomorrow eve.

It was HOT!! Not much wind until the end of the day. And a bunch of rockets flying. I actually got to fly a small rocket (PML Patriot on a AT H182R DMS). The heat slowed things down (don't need to run with 90+ degrees and 70% humidity). But the motors kept burning till the end. Even got a good cert flight in. Next launch Sat Sept 19th.

Sat. 19th awesome, hope to see you there and this time I'll bring a back up launch controller and pads :) just n case. Good to see you Bob, Tom (not "the Bob & Tom), Vic, Donna -
I'll keep all my stuff loaded up - heck I'm ready to throw 10 rockets on the pads right now, but will impatiently wait for Sept 19th.
Bob, I may need to order the DD kit for the Madcow Super Batray for that launch and maybe a little 38 CTI reload for that - I'll contact you soon

Just happen to have a 4" DD kit and 38 CTI reloads;). It was great seeing you again. And with the next launch you may have a good amount of time to hang out.

hmmmm... it looks like that is the date for Opportunity Enterprises pack-a-thon.. . but the way with my right forearm has been hurting this last week or so, I probably won't be able to do that this year (it typically gets worse after school starts) So, if I am feeling well, I won't make it. If I feel like crud, but good enough to pack, lug rockets and drive, I will be there.

Back