Semroc Question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shade

Reaction score
Every kit I clicked on last night on Semroc's website showed on backorder.
Does anyone know what is going on with Semroc? My dealing with them
in the past was always great, this seems odd.

Semroc is no more. The founder and owner died in 2013. A great loss to rocketeers everywhere that is still being felt. His son has had some serious medical issues of his own. The assets were sold to erockets (www.erockets.biz). Randy Boadway is keeping the Semroc site up as a courtesy to longtime customers but it is not an active business site anymore.

Semroc 2015-07-29 07.20.08.jpg

Last edited:
Were you on the Semroc website or eRockets site? Try this link Semroc at eRockets

Semroc is no more. The founder and owner died in 2013. A great loss to rocketeers everywhere that is still being felt. His son has had some serious medical issues of his own. The assets were sold to erockets (www.erockets.biz). Randy Boadway is keeping the Semroc site up as a courtesy to longtime customers but it is not an active business site anymore.

View attachment 268689

Ahh that explains it all thanks, and yes I was on Semroc site.

eRockets is gradually bringing back some of the more popular Semroc kits. Look on the eRockets website (under Semroc) and you'll find that some of the kits are available again. (You can search the kits by "biggest sellers" which gives you an idea which kits are in stock.)

If I didn't have such an obscenely large pile of unbuilt kits, I would be ordering some myself.

I've already bought a bunch of the reissued Semroc nose cones and a couple of the kits. It seems to me the same good stuff, now from a relocated source. They already have an extensive list of components available, and it seems that they're adding more all the time.

I've already bought a bunch of the reissued Semroc nose cones and a couple of the kits. It seems to me the same good stuff, now from a relocated source. They already have an extensive list of components available, and it seems that they're adding more all the time.

That's good news :) I bought a *lot* of nosecones from them. I have a small stash (about 50) but when I get on a building binge they disappear fast. It's the tailcones and transitions I need now, never have enough of those.

Their kits are all in fine order, just bought a Magnum Sprint, came in 2 days, everything top quality as usual :).

I couldn't be happier. Randy has picked up where Carl and gang left off. He is doing a fantastic job.

Sheryl

I've been down to Randy's previous venue in Dayton (they were just forced to move shop) and he's got a top notch setup down there. Also spent a flight back from Tuscon with him on Saturday talking about eRockets and Semroc. You will be pleased to know that they are working on reissuing ~10 kits currently, and it is rumored that there is one due out next week. Can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Back