Amazon Air Space!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TALON

Reaction score
Amazon is proposing/asking for an exclusive FLY ZONE for automatous drones (read "exclusively for THEIR delivery Drones") from 200' to 400' Above Ground Level (AGL) and a NO FLY ZONE (NO aircraft, RC, NOTHING) as a buffer zone between the drones and aircraft.*
I would think/hope that they will have defined "drone routes", but I do NOT trust the FEDS. They could use this to severely limit R/C, Drones and rocketry.

What do you think of this proposal?*Do you think this could hamper rocketry if it became reality?

Gota love President Reagan when he said "if someone says to you " I'm from the government, I'm here to help you" RUN!" **

Dear Mr. President,

As it is possible to apply for an exclusive "fly zone" in which only one's own vehicles are permitted to operate, I hereby apply for an exclusive fly zone from 50' to 60' AGL. I'm sure that you will agree that, since my requirements are more modest than Amazon's, if they are allowed their 200' deep zone then my mere 10' zone is perfectly reasonable.

-----

Dear Amazon,

To reach your exclusive fly zone of 200' to 400' AGL, your drones will need to pass through my fly zone of 50' to 60' AGL. This will be permitted upon payment of $10.00 per drone.

Jeez, I am a hang glider pilot so all the RC concerns apply to me too ..... only I am personally in that airspace.

Amazon is proposing/asking for an exclusive FLY ZONE for automatous drones (read "exclusively for THEIR delivery Drones") from 200' to 400' Above Ground Level (AGL) and a NO FLY ZONE (NO aircraft, RC, NOTHING) as a buffer zone between the drones and aircraft.*
I would think/hope that they will have defined "drone routes", but I do NOT trust the FEDS. They could use this to severely limit R/C, Drones and rocketry.

What do you think of this proposal?*Do you think this could hamper rocketry if it became reality?

Gota love President Reagan when he said "if someone says to you " I'm from the government, I'm here to help you" RUN!" **

That is serious BS. Does that mean that planes who would be operating above 400' would have to violate Amazon's exclusive airspace? Also, is this exclusive to ALL business's that want to use drones, or exclusive just to Amazon? That would be like Delta getting exclusive airspace between 25,000' and 35,000'.

I think this will be shot down quickly (no pun intended).

That is serious BS. Does that mean that planes who would be operating above 400' would have to violate Amazon's exclusive airspace? Also, is this exclusive to ALL business's that want to use drones, or exclusive just to Amazon? That would be like Delta getting exclusive airspace between 25,000' and 35,000'.

I think this will be shot down quickly (no pun intended).

Amazon stated (from the report I read) that the airspace would be exclusive to drones with specific autonomous hardware/electronics. However, since amazon is the only company working on using drones, or at least with a head start, it seems to me that the airspace will be exclusive to Amazon for a period of time.
I am sure that Amazon is talking about defined routs, probably above streets.
But seeing how corrupt and law breaking this government has become & how they view and treat the R/C & Rocket communities, well I can see them making a 200' horizontal buffer zones from streets, that would severly limit options for the 2 hobbies in medium to large cities.

Feds won't allow this... I bet they won't notice the opportunity, they declined all other drone proposals.

The Feds can be bought.....no matter what we think, enough money and Amazon will get all the approval they need.

Latest posts

Back