Sheri's Saturn V.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0001 (31).jpgIMG_0002 (11).jpg Filling in the second stage spiral. I've started off with 80 grit paper on an aluminum bar then I'll move up with the grades. The original wrap for this area as I found out from David Weeks' drawing were 1 3/4" too tall. Of course I didn't find out about this till AFTER I glued the wrap down. Now I've got to replace the section of stringers I've removed with a smooth section. You can see the removed section in one of the photos.

Looking good. With all that detail, I wouldn't be surprised if you built a tower to display it with.

IMG_0001 (34).jpg Just more detail to the SM. Working on the RCS housings and nozzles with additional photo etched parts to put on.

This is getting more amazing all the time. When you're done, you're going to need to do a slow video scan of the whole rocket, showing all the detail.

Wish I could see this thing in person someday.

Got back from the coffee shop after doing more work (installing telemetry antennae on the first stage). A boy (probably 12-13 in age) just lit up when he saw the lower section. Far from being shy, he took me to task bombarding me with a plethora of questions faster than I could answer them. I got a kick out of his enthusiasm while his parents patiently looked on. As they were leaving, the mother might have got the hint to buy him a starter set at a nearby hobby shop. I sure hope that's what transpired as he was flat out all over the rocket! He even offered me $25.00 for it, "RIGHT HERE AND NOW!" That's the kind of excitement that can make one's day! Yes, I turned him down on his generous offer.

He even offered me $25.00 for it, "RIGHT HERE AND NOW!" That's the kind of excitement that can make one's day! Yes, I turned him down on his generous offer.

Ha ha, kids are funny. I, on the other hand, would have been smart enough to demand that you include the whole rest of the thing for my hard-earned $25.

I bet that boy just made your day Steven?
I sure hope his parents doesn't grab him the Sat. V for his first build though.
I'm sure that difficult of a build would soon decay his enthusiasm.

The mother actually specified a starter set for him so I believe they're on the right track.

IMG_0001 (38).jpg These pieces will go on the S-II stage. The lower one goes on the bottom of it while the top one is one of four telemetry antennas that go around the top of the S-II. Three more of these to go. Customers at the coffee shop are keeping a close eye on progress with several noticing more work having been done over time.

IMG_0001 (39).jpg Now all four telemetry antennae are done. As I've stated before, these go around the top skirt of the S-II stage.

Would someone please talk Steven into submitting this to the International Space Modeling competition?

With Red Arrow going out of business what has happened to Sheri's kits? like the molds and other items to produce the kits for sale again? I would think it may be a good investment for someone to produce the kits again.

With Red Arrow going out of business what has happened to Sheri's kits? like the molds and other items to produce the kits for sale again? I would think it may be a good investment for someone to produce the kits again.

Gary's Hot Rockets has a ring to it. :wink:

Back