Sheri's Saturn V.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you've been following my Mercury Redstone by Sheri, you know that I'm more than likely going to build her Saturn V next. I've been gathering some extra detail parts for this model from different manufacturers. Oz Mods sent me some detailed parts for the ullage motors and fairings around the interstage adapter ring and second stage in general. From Real Space, I got a very detailed set for both the CM and SM consisting of resin and metal etched parts. Also from Shapeways I ordered the IU and SLA with great detail work on them too. All at 1/48th scale. This will probably be the build thread for this rocket and I'm very excited to get going on it! :drool:

I was seriously considering buying the Saturn 1B from Sheri's until I read the fine print:

"Rocket stand not included.":cool:

DSCF3707.JPG

1b2.jpg

I've got photos of some of the detail parts. I stand corrected here, I stated one manufacturer was Real Space, it is New Ware instead. Some of these parts I won't be using for obvious reasons. Not all of the radiator panels are present as I've got them tack glued on the SM tube.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

My eyes hurt just looking at that detail.

Anyone know why Sheri got banned from TRF?

Anyone know why Sheri got banned from TRF?

She was banned huh? I wonder why. Seems like it doesn't take much sometimes...

Steven - based on your skills showcased by your MR, I'm sure this build will be awesome!

Oh no, no, wasn't trying to hijack...that was included along with a relevant comment and I only said that because it was mentioned. Should have known better, I am not a fan of stirring the waters and what results. I will look it up. Carry on!

I look forward to seeing this Saturn V build if it happens!

Edit: Yeah, looked it up, messy!

Last edited:
I have a problem here. For the life of me, I can't find the instruction pamphlet to this kit. I've misplaced them somewhere but figured they're lost for now. Does anyone know or can find a set on the internet for me to download? I haven't found anything. :confused:

I've emailed Dave at Red Arrow Hobbies and he said he'll send the manual out to me soon. I've ordered some Bondo and new scrapers to begin filling in the spirals. To make less work for me, I'll mark off where the corrugated wraps will go and simply fill the spirals that will be visible. This ain't no Tiny Tim.

Just got the SLA in today from Shapeways. I'm very satisfied with this product! Sheri's model does not have this detail so this will be a great addition. There will be some fitting to get everything to adapt this product to this particular kit, but it is minor. I anticipate no insurmountable problems.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Last edited:
It looks incredible already even though you have just started! I have one of the original kits. Like you, I plan to use it as a starting point. But, I don't think I will take it as far as you are. My basic plans are to replace the capsule and fins with more realistic ones and make it fly on a cluster of five motors.

I will be following your thread for inspiration! Thanks.

- Roger

wow!! that looks awesome! Is that the Instument Unit as well as the SLA?

Just got the SLA in today from Shapeways. I'm very satisfied with this product! Sheri's model does not have this detail so this will be a great addition. There will be some fitting to get everything to adapt this product to this particular kit, but it is minor. I anticipate no insurmountable problems.

Back