• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NIP Mega Der Red Max

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonathanOtt

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a New In Package Mega Der Red Max that I'm not going to get to. The cardboard hang tag on the top of the bag is torn, and it has a couple new holes in the hang tag from the store punching the hangar through.

The body tube is messed up on the tube edge, about 1/8 the way around the tube. It's just crinkled on the edge a little (must have been dropped at the store and the edge of the body tube made contact). It'll be an easy fix.

I have no idea what the kit is valued at, so I'm going to ask "Best Offer, plus shipping."

I'm located in Fishers, Indiana (46037) to assist you in determining shipping costs.

Thanks,

Jon

20150729_075053.jpg

20150729_075157.jpg

20150729_075247.jpg

20150729_075308.jpg

20150729_075106.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, shipping on this thing is ridiculous.

It's a simple carboard box, that the kit fits perfectly into (30" x 7" x 6") and weighs 3.25 lbs. One member that lives in Washington state has interest in it, and the CHEAPEST I can ship it is $26! :jaw: REALLY!? $26 through USPS for a 3.25lb box? Fedex and UPS were no better. :mad:

How are mail order shops selling this for $50 and offering free shipping doing it?

Jon

Maybe you should consider selling/donating to a local club?

Okay, shipping on this thing is ridiculous.

It's a simple carboard box, that the kit fits perfectly into (30" x 7" x 6") and weighs 3.25 lbs. One member that lives in Washington state has interest in it, and the CHEAPEST I can ship it is $26! :jaw: REALLY!? $26 through USPS for a 3.25lb box? Fedex and UPS were no better. :mad:

How are mail order shops selling this for $50 and offering free shipping doing it?

A shipping cost of $26 isn't right. By Priority Mail it should ship for less than $20 to Washington State. By "Standard Post" or "Parcel Select" it will be about $15.

-- Roger (not Jon)

Last edited:
It's $26 bucks because of the length. I've shipped boxes about that same size and that's about what it cost me.
When I asked the postal clerk why, she told me it's the length. Once the length goes past 24" the price goes up.

It's $26 bucks because of the length. I've shipped boxes about that same size and that's about what it cost me.
When I asked the postal clerk why, she told me it's the length. Once the length goes past 24" the price goes up.

No. It's when the girth exceeds 84 inches that the "Large Package" pricing kicks in. A 30" x 7" x 6" package does not exceed 84" in girth.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Ack... had I known that this hadn't sold yet, I was just in Fishers last weekend....

That is more than a third of high retail, YIKES! I used to run a shipping department and I can tell you that the vendors, manufacturers get rates based on the volume that they ship. We used to ship 2500+ parcels each week and got pretty good rates.

To be honest, I am at $60 total for my offer.

Back