KH-31 Krypton sport scale - first HPR scratch build, looking for feedback

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sriegel

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings, all.

I'm playing around with a design for a sport scale KH-31 Krypton based on the LOC 4" body tube. Attached is my first hack through a RockSim model. While the real model appears to have a "coke bottle" waist and fairings around the ramjets, for simplicity I'm ignoring both of those and going with just a straight body tube and ramjets. The ramjet pods would be epoxied to the body and the fins set TTW to the far side of the ramjet pod but not poking down into the main body tube.

I'm new to both RockSim and HPR (just got my Level 1) so I'd appreciate any inputs from the community on how this is coming along. ESPECIALLY if I've made a bonehead noob error in the design...

View attachment MA-31v2.rkt

Thanks,

Steve

Try out The Launch Pad Kit. It is a sports scale KH 31 on 2.6 inch tubing. With exposed ram jets you can get a nice whistle going up. Needs a fast, punchy motor with all that drag. Rocsim file on EMMR website for TLP? Don't have Rocsim so I can't help there. TLP model needs nose weight to get the CP up. Use the same CP and you should be fine.

Back