Estes Patriarch Discussion.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estescrayonrocket

Reaction score
I just got my Patriarch yesterday- awaiting a 24 pack of motors so I haven't launched it yet. Anyone have any tips about flying it or any stories?

I see this one at our club launches quite a bit. One of the better RTF models; nice size, nice graphics, stable flyer. The flight profile is marginal on an A8; low, slow, and likely to weathervane in any kind of wind. B and C impulse gives a much better ride. Have some CA handy for the occasional popped fin (this applies to any model, really).

That end cap/motor retainer can get loose sometimes. A little tape between each fin will secure it.

My daughter got one as a present. It flies well on a C6-5.

Video:
[video=youtube_share;xKp0dlhyGok]https://youtu.be/xKp0dlhyGok[/video]

Hey guys. Just fired off my Patriarch on maiden launch with a B6-4... and the problem... it weathervaned and landed almost 50 feet up in an Oak Tree.
Since I ordered my Patriarch off Amazon, and the Amazon company itself was supplying the Patriarch, they are replacing it at no extra charge and overnighting it to me.
I'm lucky for Amazon. I would have been screwed if it wasn't for them.

I am surprised they are replacing it. On the other hand, I am sure you are a happy customer.
Now if only they carried Wildman Ultimate Darkstars.

Congratulation on convincing them to replace a treed rocket. Not a standard practice, I think. Any idea how strong the wind was ? Sometimes even on relatively calm days an untimely gust can affect the trajectory. Sometimes a tilt of the rod downwind can compensate for weathercocking. And of course, more power if you have the recovery room ! Can you relocate away from the hungry trees ?

Last edited:
Congratulation on convincing them to replace a treed rocket. Not a standard practice, I think. Any idea how strong the wind was ? Sometimes even on relatively calm days an untimely gust can affect the trajectory. Sometimes a tilt of the rod downwind compensate for weathercocking. And of course, more power if you have the recovery room ! Can you relocate away from the hungry trees ?
It was dead calm on the ground, but once it got around 200, it looked like a 10 mph wind was coming at it. We almost nailed it, but then it hit the tree.

I am surprised they are replacing it. On the other hand, I am sure you are a happy customer.
Now if only they carried Wildman Ultimate Darkstars.
Yes, I have purchased several items in the past few weeks.
I will also be reimbursed for my Sky Twister if anything happens to it. You should go look at what the company itself supplies.
On the other hand, it's too bad those new Prime buttons don't come in Estes versions where you can just press it and order replacement parts and motors.

The Patriarch is a nice rocket. I picked mine up in a local hobby/craft type store.
I was looking at the clearance items and found it on the shelf behind some other goods. Got it for $4.88. :D

Got this pic from a GoPro video.

2015ALB_Patriarch.jpg

The Patriarch is a nice rocket. I picked mine up in a local hobby/craft type store.
I was looking at the clearance items and found it on the shelf behind some other goods. Got it for $4.88. :D

Got this pic from a GoPro video.

View attachment 269201

Figured out that it's cheap price is actually pretty good for something that goes 550 feet on a B6-4. I need to find a bigger field.

This is a joke right? Why would Amazon be liable for a rocket you landed in a tree????

This is a joke right? Why would Amazon be liable for a rocket you landed in a tree????

No one is claiming they are liable. Amazon is just going out of its way, going the extra 3 miles, to make a customer happy. I agree with you, that they had ZERO obligation to replace it. They were just being super nice.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, but my passion for customer service makes me have to respond further...why did you ask them to replace it if you knew it was not their/the product's fault?

I'm not trying to cause trouble, but my passion for customer service makes me have to respond further...why did you ask them to replace it if you knew it was not their/the product's fault?

I knew I wasn't getting my Patriarch back, so I wanted to see by the slightest chance if I could get another from them. I emailed them asking for a replacement and told them it landed in a tree and I had small chances of getting it back. They said sure, and sent it out. I am also lucky because their nearest warehouse is about 5 miles from me which means whatever products are sold by them will usually come via Amazon Shipping.

Back