Looking for go kart advice! (For rocket recovery!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusty

Rocket Powered Kangaroo
Reaction score
If you're gonna get one just for recovery, I would go with number two. If you plan on using it at home for fun, I would get the one that you think it cooler. Personally, I would just get the second one though.

As a BAR, I realize that rocket recovery has become more physically demanding. I,m not getting any younger and rockets are flying higher than ever.
After building and flying my first MPR on only E9-6 engines and had to jog 1/2 mile round trip for each recovery, I decided I needed to start exercising. A couple of months ago, I removed all the clothes that was burying my treadmill and stated to actually use it. SPORT rocketry has improved my overall physical and mental health. I am no longer tired and sitting on the couch as much. I have more stamina at work and.....

This is cheaper and has racks both front and back to hold rockets.
With the go cart, you'd have to build a rack.

My son and I had 2 of these a few years back before I lost the house.
Mine was a 110cc and my son's was 50cc, but he was only 5 then.
They would scoot.
Try this Quads

Last edited:
I agree with woody, you need some sort of rack to hold the rocket. Especially if you are traversing over rough terrain! you need to hold it firmly enough so the rocket doesn't bounce around and gets damage, but not too firmly that holding it damages the rocket.

Looks like fun, Krusty! I kind of like the look of the first one that is a bit more built up, but they both look like a blast to ride.

My son and I had 2 of these a few years back before I lost the house.
Mine was a 110cc and my son's was 50cc, but he was only 5 then.
They would scoot.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...f6d59aad178dbc191a01&oe=565AFAB4&size=604,453

When I click the link, I get a message that this content is unavailable right now. It says the link may have expired or it's only available to an audience I'm not in.

Do it right and get a mini rail...
s-l1000.jpg

As you will be going off-road I'd say the fully suspended one, the first one, is a better choice plus it has the advantage of the front structure being more easily adapted to a rack for carrying the rockets. That and if the rocket starts to come off you can see it happening and maybe catch it before goes ;)

Do it right and get a mini rail...
s-l1000.jpg

NICE!!!!!!:cool: I don't even want to think about how many muscles I would strain trying to get into that vehicle :y: Then you would need to call EMS to get/cut me out of it:facepalm:

Looks like fun, Krusty! I kind of like the look of the first one that is a bit more built up, but they both look like a blast to ride.

Rocket recovery is my excuse for buying one ;) My partner knows it's really because I want to piss about! She's not silly :) I think it should be a blast!!

I agree with woody, you need some sort of rack to hold the rocket. Especially if you are traversing over rough terrain! you need to hold it firmly enough so the rocket doesn't bounce around and gets damage, but not too firmly that holding it damages the rocket.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure a way to hold everything securely.

Not in Australia :( those things come in at a couple of grand :'( but they do look cool!!

As a BAR, I realize that rocket recovery has become more physically demanding. I,m not getting any younger and rockets are flying higher than ever.
After building and flying my first MPR on only E9-6 engines and had to jog 1/2 mile round trip for each recovery, I decided I needed to start exercising. A couple of months ago, I removed all the clothes that was burying my treadmill and stated to actually use it. SPORT rocketry has improved my overall physical and mental health. I am no longer tired and sitting on the couch as much. I have more stamina at work and.....

I started playing Ingress recently ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(game) ) and have walked more than 100km (60 mile) in the last 6 weeks :) Once the weather warms up a bit (it's mid-winter here now) I'll get out and walk more.

The go kart is to have a bit of fun while on the range and not a departure from exercise.

Oh, and if you haven't seen Ingress before, it's crazy fun and very addictive! It's a cross between capture the flag and geocaching - you need to walk to each physical location (portal) to interact with the game. There's an active community and regular meet-ups where you go out walking around the local area to capture the opposing team's portals.

As you will be going off-road I'd say the fully suspended one, the first one, is a better choice plus it has the advantage of the front structure being more easily adapted to a rack for carrying the rockets. That and if the rocket starts to come off you can see it happening and maybe catch it before goes ;)

I'm heading that way, too. I think I'm going to sell one of my arcade machines to make up the difference in funds :) (it also means more space in the lounge!)

One of the options is Jaws of Life.

Oohhh.. You want to avoid those things, they make a mess of the vehicle! But damn if they aren't fun to use!! As a volunteer fire fighter I've used them in training a couple of times but our brigade isn't road rescue, so haven't used them in anger. Our neighboring brigade is a road rescue unit, so that's why we've done the training :)

Krusty

NICE!!!!!!:cool: I don't even want to think about how many muscles I would strain trying to get into that vehicle :y: Then you would need to call EMS to get/cut me out of it:facepalm:

Out? To he'll with that! Die having fun.
To be honest they look smaller then they are.

Back