Areotech/Rousetech v.s. Cessaroni

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlcdp

Reaction score
I have been looking at the Cessaroni motors. They seem like a good buy based on their flexability and cost. I have flown Aerotech, Rousetech and Loki motors so far and would like to know how the Cessaroni motors compare to them. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on thier experiences with Cessaroni motors?

Many thanks in advance!

Andy

TRA 12078 L0
** L1 launch flew great, but disappeard over the horizon on a windy day.

They're great motors, and a good alternative to AT or Loki. As of right now, they don't have any propellant that's really comparable to White Lightning (though they just came out with a new white that I haven't tried yet, so my opinion on that may change), but their blue is incredible, and their other propellants are a lot of fun too (Imax is one of my favorites). The small (54mm and below) cesaroni motors are also much easier to assemble and clean than AT motors, though they are a bit more expensive for a comparable load (not too bad though). Overall, they're great motors, and I highly recommend them.

They're all great options.

As far as which I'd recommend, I'd say it depends on your local vendors. Life is a lot easier if you don't have to ship motors, and deal with that hassle.

If you have a local vendor who shows up regularly to your launches, I'd suggest leaning towards what that vendor carries. Not only does it make your life easier, but it also supports the vendor.

-Kevin

That is very true Kevin. I would always advocate supporting the local vendors. I like motors from pretty much all the manufacturers (AT and CTI included), and in almost every case, I will buy from onsite vendors rather than order motors. I am quite lucky though in that at the local club, we have onsite vendors for AT, CTI, Loki, and Roadrunner (as well as a few hybrids), so it's pretty easy to get whatever we want.

Last edited:
I have both AT casings and CTI casings and have used both. AT is nice to use, but my problem with them has always been their delay charge. CTI, on the other hand has an accurate delay, and is user ajustable, and it is nice to just unscrew a used motor, and screw in a new one with no cleaning, lube, o-rings, cardboard tubes, or disks. I like having the option of using either one though.

Agrees with sylvie fully. I remember the first time I stumbled onto his site with the nice pictures. Took me a moment to remember I was there to look at model rockets and not the models. And to Mike nice review of the CTI Pro29 really makes me start to consider them.

Andy,

It says you're in eastern Mass. CMASS has regular launches in this area and there is an upcoming launch on July 17 in Amesbury.

CMASS Site

Check it out and maybe we will see you there.

Thanks for the info Bob! I have been looking for a local HPR club.

I agree with everything said here. Just wanted to add a comment about hardware costs... It gets a lot more expensive to duplicate hardware for incompatible motor types. I started with AeroTech (RouseTech), and didn't want to unnecessarily double an already sizable investment, so I only got a few CTI cases, and only in impulse sizes I didn't already have. Thankfully, some CTI motors are now being certified in A/T hardware.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back